Curious about Dev track (1.12.1 support?)

I’ve been watching the GitHub progress on the bleeding branch and I see a lot of commits relating to 1.12.2-compatible Sponge, but I was wondering if those will be rolled into the 1.12.1 builds.

Basically: Is there going to be continued support for 1.12.1, or is it a dead-end?

It’s not up to me, but I can pretty much guarantee there will not be continued support for 1.12.1. The changes were not that large and most mod packs will be updated to 1.12.2 very quickly if they haven’t been already, and with vanilla there is no reason to not use the latest version.

1.12.2 brought some important gameplay fixes but most importantly it fixed quite a large security issue so it is not really a version we should really continue to support anyway. I highly recommend you update as soon as possible.

1 Like

maybe he liked letting anyone have the ability to crash the server at will…

1.12.1 is outdated. 1.12.2 is the currently supported version. We won’t be maintaining another sub version of Minecraft such as 1.12.1 because it is too costly on the team’s already limited time. The bleeding branch will always support the latest released version of MC, and the stable branches will support those stable branches until they are dropped from support.

1 Like