Daily limit?

So, I’m limited to a certain amount of posts a day? Is this based on trust level or global? I’m not able to respond to any posts (I haven’t spammed, replied with short or irrelevant responses). Is this to be reviewed at a later date? I don’t see this limit working so well, especially amongst the users who end up just hanging around the plugin dev category helping out newcomers and experienced users alike.

I guess I’m more so curious as to whether or not this is temporary during the startup phase, default to the software, or intentionally done for another reason. Any insight would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

EDIT: Just going to reply here since I’m not allowed to reply (yet allowed to post new topics? lel)

@jdersen
Picture: http://i.imgur.com/MMR3lyH.jpg
I have to wait 12 hours.

EDIT 2: Anyway I could potentially get it manually lifted? Pretty annoying to have to wait half a day to continue a discussion.

Isn’t this only for a certain amount of time? I get this, but it tells me to wait about 15 seconds before it is lifted.

In reply to edit:

I’m not really sure what’s going on here. That’s very weird…Hopefully a staff member can get back to you.

Remember, Discourse is made by the team behind StackOverflow, and they really like granting more “trust” over time and after you meet achievements.

From my experience that’s either one of two options (or both).
First, the server they host this on could be relatively small [at the moment] and they don’t want to overload it with too many requests; or, secondly, they use that option to prevent spamming.

Personally, I think it’s the second reason - but the first is plausible too [or other reasons which I can’t think of].

-ET

edit: I don’t know how they host this website - or what they use as a platform [if any]. It could be good ol’ fashioned HTML, CSS, PHP, and Javascript.

edit #2: Nope, it’s Discourse - thanks @viveleroi

This is a limitation of discourse itself, to limit new users and prevent “spam” type posts, until they’ve establish a good posting pattern:

https://meta.discourse.org/t/why-is-there-a-topic-reply-limit-for-new-users/11513

1 Like

I moved this topic to meta because it’s about the forums itself.

1 Like