Development environment older sponge

Trying to set up a developers work environment using git. I want to work on plugins for spongeforge-1.10.2-2281-5.2.0-BETA-2344 but i do not know the link to use for the # git clone --recursive . any help would be great!

wat?

that’s a console command. you just run it.

Also, what are you using the SpongeForge repo for? All you need is a Gradle dependency on the Sponge API.

I am new to all of this and i was following this video to set things up. SpongeForge With InteliJ IDEA - Part 3 - Importing SpongeForge - YouTube I am currently trying to use the Sponge walk through to set it up manually. Sorry learning is hard. Thanks for the reply!

Following that tutorial, if it’s up to date enough to follow will set you up with an environment for working on Sponge itself.

This is useful for plugin development, as it helps to find why you see certain behaviour and explore the minecraft source as well as making PR’s to Sponge. But it’s by no means required.

SpongeStart Gradle plugin is a plugin that someone made in order to run a server from a dev environment without having to keep a Sponge dev environment up to date.

I recommend using Minecraft Dev for IntelliJ however if you are using IntelliJ it makes things a ton easier.

1 Like