**Discontinued** Pore - A Bukkit-Sponge Bridge

Commiserations, guys, and thanks for trying. It takes a serious dose of bravery (or insanity) to pursue a project like this, with constantly shifting goalposts. Sponge plugin devs must now rise to the challenge of diversifying the Sponge plugin ecosystem, with the prospect of using legacy systems finally put to rest. We shall see what the future brings…

8 Likes

In a way, I guess Pore was the last of the old system - and with it’s discontinuation, comes sadness yes, but also emphasizes Sponge’s new beginning. I believe the community can only take this as an incentive to work forward into diversifying Sponge and its plugin, and to those of us who aren’t developers, to commit to testing and suggesting new elements to make the existing plugins a lot more complete. To servers wishing for this project - know that often times, the risk of moving into unfamiliar territory might well give you your due of work.

Thank you, and farewell Bukkit.

8 Likes

Extremely well said.

Well this sucks, because half of the bukkit plugins which were supposed to be ported are most likely never going to be ported to Sponge. That and a bunch of devs from spigot and bukkit refuse to move to sponge without some sort of monetary gain. :confused:
thanks for attempting this project though!

3 Likes

As I did say though the plugins for sponge is growing. Give it time Bukkit is probably going to die out and developers will have to port or kill their plugin and let someone else take it over. That will take time but that is time we can make our plugins better and improve Sponge. Time for the plugin list to grow. Nothing new is going to be exactly like the old though thats why its new. Pore would have had its lifespan then die out with Bukkit. Plugin list will grow and that will bring new plugin potential. I have seen a few really good plugins that I have never found on Bukkit. Bukkit is FILLED with dead plugins, which annoys me, but Sponge doesn’t have too many and if so it has a good replacement or was renamed and continued "cough: Core “cough” Nexus “cough” I see your point of view though I just want to add to it to make it seem a little less terrible.

2 Likes

source?

2 Likes

Monetization is not the only thing that makes it hard to port plugins to Sponge. I’m mainly a Bukkit developer and maintain a few plugins at SpigotMC, but I don’t sell any. The problem is that I just don’t want to lose my work and start from scratch. One does not simply port a million lines of code to a completely different API. If I started now, I could have the same product in 2018. The community is growing faster than ever before, so it’s just hard to see the benefits.

1 Like
  • What went wrong:
    Execution failed for task ‘:applyPatches’.

Process returned error code. Expression: (result == 0). Values: result = 128

What i do wrong?

I would imagine you don’t have the submodules.

Sometimes the local Porekit repository gets messed up. The only surefire way to fix it to my knowledge is to delete the Porekit and lib folders.

It’s dont help me

Shouldn’t someone close this topic? This is discontinued so it should be closed.

2 Likes