**Discontinued** Pore - A Bukkit-Sponge Bridge

Some errors with EssentialsSpawn:

• the default spawn point is not set
  • when we type /setspawn it works, but /spawn don’t teleports me to the spawn whereas it says “Teleporting …”

Please refer to edit #2 of the OP.

1 Like

What about when newer versions of minecraft are introduced and the bukkit plugins become incompatible? Bukkit used to handle this by updating their API but now since their is no bukkit how would you handle these plugins becoming obsolete?

Bukkit plugins by default don’t go incompatible on version changes. The types of plugins that would tend to break on version changes usually broke because they hooked into minecraft or craftbukkit internals directly. Those same plugins will likely not ever work on Pore.

2 Likes

Do you think this will be completed sometime in the year 2015?
(Don’t mean to be pushy or anything :ok_hand: )

We don’t have a roadmap at the moment so I can’t say anything for certain. Our goal is to have a preview build out around the time that Sponge becomes stable API-wise and fully implemented, but only time will tell.

Hi, link isn’t working

http://ci.caseif.net/job/Pore

It should be back up now.

Excellent work guys ! Great project !

I just tested this out today (for the first time)… He was not kidding… /ping does infact work.
revolutionary…

How many people work on sponge? is it just you or is it a team?

We’re breaking barriers here.

In all seirousness, assuming you meant Pore, it’s primarily myself and @Minecrell working on it.

1 Like

There’s a staff list on the docs. Iirc there should be around 15 devs working on sponge, but i’ve never counted them actually.

But what you want to know probably is the number of pore devs. Pore isnt directly related to Sponge staff.

Ha, that was weird timing.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks for the info! And ya, I meant to say Pore, not sponge :stuck_out_tongue: typing is hard…
And why does the (:P) face look like he is at a dentist appointment? cmon sponge you can do better than this :stuck_out_tongue: Its kinda spooky to be honest…

2 Likes

First off id like to say AMAZING WORK @ the people doing PORE, what your doing for the entire minecraft community as a whole is incredible and i think it goes with out saying that we all cant thank you enough

second off,

is there like a turorial for dummies on how to use PORE with SPONGE? as far as i know people have been using the 2 togather with success?

Any help or info on how to actually use PORE to get my old bukkit stuff working with sponge would be highly appreciated and let me just mention again @ the PORE people GREAT WORK GUYS!

Download Sponge dev build. run it with “java -jar SpongeWhatever.jar go” go instructs it to download the appropriate forge version + libraries. The server will start (assuming you have accepted the eula by editing eula.txt)

In order to get Pore working acquire a dev version of Pore http://ci.caseif.net/job/Pore/ and put it in the newly created mods folder.

Keep in mind that the current status of Pore is successfully running the /ping command, /tp and /home in essentials.

Pore has unimplemented Bukkit API still, and Sponge & SpongeVanilla still have unimplemented SpongeAPI. It will take time.

2 Likes

@ryantheleach Awesome thank you for the reply! okay this is probably gonna sound dumb BUT…

when you say “put it in the mods folder” do you mean drag the extracted “Pore” folder directly into the mods folder? or is there like a “Pore.jar” somewhere that im missing? sorry for the confusion but more clarification would be great :smile:

Just put the pore.jar into the /forge/mods folder (sponge will look there and will load pore). Pore will create a “plugins” folder itself.

1 Like

Ahhh okay that clears everything up for me, ty for the reply !

1 Like

Happily waiting for this. It is the best chance of survival for my Pixelmon 1.7.10 server to update to 1.8 and still retain extremely important plugins like Towny, Chestshop, Essentials, World guard, etc. Tried it out and a lot of Towny stuff works although I often get a TODO in the chat box, but I assume that’s just message translation because the command still works. You guys are the best. Where can I donate?

1 Like