Eagle Factions - A simple yet powerful factions plugin

A new version has been released for Eagle Factions, it is available for download here.

Hey eagles! :eagle:

This update contains mostly fixes for bugs that have been found recently. :hammer_and_wrench:

If you are upgrading from earlier versions and you are using the databaseā€¦ please follow the below steps:

1. Backup your data.
  2. Delete the database.
  3. Restore your backup to make use of new database format.

Release Notes

Adjusted:

• Drop DB foreign keys to make factions deletion process easier.

Fixed:

• Fixed truces permissions not being properly saved in DB.
  • Fixed MySQL & MariaDB database scripts.
  • Improve transactional inserts/updates/deletions in DB.
  • PVPLogger fixes.
  • Fixed mob loot drop in protected territories.
  • Fix alphanumeric faction name pattern during creation.

Thanks everyone for your support and feedback!

And for the mostā€¦ thanks for using Eagle Factions! :eagle:

A new version has been released for Eagle Factions, it is available for download here.

Hello Eagles! :eagle:

:hammer_and_wrench: This update is not a gameplay update. It contains one small fix for update checking as well as new config option to choose whether update checking should be performed by Eagle Factions.

Required java version: Java 8+

Release Notes

Added:

• Config option for specifying if update checking should be performed by the plugin.

Updated:

• Update checking now contacts new Ore API v2.

:hammer_and_wrench: This update contains some bugfixes as well few new features. Check the release notes to get to know more.

It is advised to regenerate your configuration file as few nodes (ā€œhomeā€ related) have been restructured.

Required java version: Java 11+

Release Notes

Added:

• Relations command. Relations (Alliances, Truces and Enemies) are now displayed in relations command instead of info command.
  • Config option version-check for specifying if update checking should be performed by the plugin.
  • Deleted old translations format. If you would like a translation for your language. Open a PR! :smile:
  • Home teleport animation (on both ends, toggleable)

Adjusted:

• language-file configuration option has been changed to language.
  • home configuration has been restructured.

Fixed:

• Update checking now contacts new Ore API v2.
  • Refactored Protection Listeners. As this is one of core features of EF. If you encounter any issues with protection, please let me know!
  • Info Command permission fix.
  • Some other command logic fixes and improvements.
  • Database improvements.

:hammer_and_wrench: This update contains few critical fixes. It is strongly recommended to update your EF version to this one.

Required java version: Java 11+

Release Notes

Added:

• Ability to show faction tags in tablist. It is enabled by default. See configuration file to disable it.

Fixed:

• BIG FIX for Protection System! Corrected retrieval of block/item id while checking it with whitelist.
  • Wrongly displayed command usage message in Help Command.
  • Debug logging, that could cause lags on block breaking/placing.
  • Restored usage of eaglefactions.admin.home.nodelay permission.
  • Fixed DemoteCommand crashes when run from console.
  • Fixed PromoteCommand crashes when run from console.
  • Fixed SetLeaderCommand parameter type.
  • Fixed format of block/item id and its examples in Settings.conf.
  • Fixed getting items from player during faction creation.
  • Fixed getting items from player during chunk claiming.
  • Fixed protection for interacting with block (treated as block_modify). (Fixes interaction with i.e whitelisted doors inside SafeZone)

:tada::partying_face: Welcome Eagle Factions 1.0.0 :partying_face: :tada:

After many years in development Eagle Factions finally hit that version number. The 1.0.0 version.

Project started in the middle of 2016 where much was going on in my life and among other things I decided that I would want to start my journey with Java and so I began to develop Eagle Factions - a factions plugin for Sponge.

I loved to work on it everyday when I was coming back home after work. I canā€™t describe the feeling I got when I saw first users who downloaded EF and were having fun with it, but that feeling was amazing.

I still remember all of you who talked with me on Discord about the plugin, about your reports, and feature ideas/requests. I learnt a lot and I am so much thankful for this experience. I would not be able to do it without you. :heart:

So, I want to thank everyone who participated in this projectā€™s journey, either by reporting issues, giving ideas or just by using it on your servers. This means sooo much for me! :heart:

I hope you are doing well and I wish you all the best! :heart:

:point_right: And of course, version 1.0.0 does not mean that EF will no longer be developed. Ports to newer MC versions will arrive soon and you are still welcome to report issues or suggest new features.

:raised_hands: Now, letā€™s go to the release notes below!

:coffee: Required java version: Java 11+

Note: This version is incompatible with previous versions of EF as storage structure has been changed drastically.

Release Notes

Added:

• Custom Ranks. Ranks have gotten a big overhaul. You can create new ranks in faction and assign them desired permissions. You can configure starting set of ranks for new factions in the config file. There are two required ranks each faction must have, default and leader.
  • Bstats. It would be lovely if you could enable metrics collection in your sponge configuration for Eagle Factions. :heart:
  • Creation and Claiming costs mechanism. There is a new way of setting up a costs for creating factions and claiming territories. Check config file for more info.
  • Home teleport sound effect :eyes:

Fixed:

• Fixed a bug where player was getting power right after connecting to the server.
  • Player cache fixes.
  • Fixes for databases. h2, sqlite, mysql and mariadb are fully functional now.
  • Fixes for some plugin messages
  • Fixes for home teleport animation position.
  • General fixes and improvements

And for the mostā€¦ thanks for using Eagle Factions! :eagle: YOU DA BEST! :heart:

:eagle: Hello eagles! :eagle:

This update contains fixes :hammer_and_wrench: for two issues that were discovered after release of previous version.
Take a look at release notes below to get to know more. :point_down:

Release Notes

Adjusted:

• Made faction creation and territory claim costs being able to bypass with admin mode.

Fixed:

• Fixed relations command not accepting faction parameter (mostly used by admins).
  • Rollback/Return payment taken from player during faction creation or claiming a territory when one of later costs will not be satisfied.

:eagle: Hello eagles! :eagle:

This update contains few important fixes. :hammer_and_wrench: I highly recommend to update to this version.
Take a look at release notes below to get to know more. :point_down:

Release Notes

Fixed:

• Fix NPE in PVPLogger when it prints message to the player.
  • Fix power not being decreased on death in wilderness
  • Small corrections for comments in config file.