EconomyLite - An economy plugin for Sponge

Lucky for you I had a sidemod comissioned and released for the pixelmon community but i see it as anyone can use:

Developer: Justin#5056
Allows players, admins, whoever to use alternate currencies for example the ones you can create with ecolite.
Commands

• /mpay
  • /meco <set/add/remove>
  • /mbal [player]
    Permissions
  • /mpay -> multicurrency.pay
  • /meco -> multicurrency.eco
  • /mbal -> multicurrency.bal
  • multicurrency.cantuse. Players with this permission cant pay others using the currency
  • multicurrency.balother Allows the player to view the balance of someone else

How come my currency created with /currency create does not stay upon next restart?

Thank you RandomByte.

A new version has been released for EconomyLite, it is available for download here.

Changes:

• Fix a memory leak

A new version has been released for EconomyLite, it is available for download here.

Changes:

• Added a new command, /ecorefresh
    • Resets the cache values, causing all balances to be pulled from the database
  • Changed the default value of the configuration option debug-logging to false

Changes:

• Fix an issue regarding multiple currencies

How can I tell what version of Minecraft this plugin is for? There is no indication if it is for 1.7.10 or 1.8 or 1.10 or 1.12??

On Ore you can see that it is for SpongeAPI 7.1.0. Then you download the appropriate sponge version.

I’ve been having some trouble linking this one to MySQL…
First of all, I learned after some troubleshooting that one CANNOT use characters like !"#¤%&/( in your password, that results in an error with the plugin.

Anyways, I fixed that, so it’s not really the problem anymore… I booted it up the server and now I’m getting an error caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Unknown system variable ‘tx_isolation’

Full error: [09:46:10] [Server thread/INFO] [economylite]: EconomyLite 2.15.1 is initializin - Pastebin.com

Any help??

Update:

Are the code up to date on MySQL8?
Quote from web search:
“If you are using MYSQL8, try to show variables like 'transaction_isolation' . Mysql8 has renamed tx_isolation to transaction_isolation .”

This is literally the first time I have ever touched sponge, been avoiding it. I have no clue what “Sponge API” is or what version my server has been set up for because I paid for my server. All it says is “Sponge” it does not say what version. Sponge is very confusing for me when I think “versions” I think minecraft 1.7.10 and 1.8 and 1.10 etc etc is there a “understanding sponge for noobs” thread somewhere otherwise I will be blindly downloading these plugins and testing each “version” one by one.

@Mick_Mack

SpongeAPI is what is used to create plugins. SpongeVanilla or SpongeForge are used to run these plugins on servers. Running the command /sponge version will tell what SpongeAPI version and what SpongeVanilla or SpongeForge version you are running.

For instance, running /sponge version on my testing server shows:

Minecraft: 1.12.2
SpongeAPI: 7.1.0-SNAPSHOT-7105dfc
SpongeForge: 1.12.2-2705-7.1.0-BETA-3361
Minecraft Forge: 14.23.4.2705

The line that starts with SpongeAPI shows you the Sponge API version you have installed, in this case 7.1.0. All you have to do is make sure the Sponge API version that Ore tells you matches your installed SpongeAPI version. So on Ore I would look for plugins that support Sponge API version 7.1.0 or 7.0.0, either should work.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

If you can, could you please open an issue on the GitHub page? When you do, please include your current configuration file.

Thanks!

Is there a way to decrease the time player data is cached? Or to manually clear it?

The core issue is that we use the plugin cross server and while the player is on server a, they can get money on server b. But on server a the money the player has never changes. Not even after a rejoin (there’s really no need to hold player data when they are offline. Or to hold it longer than a few minutes. That’s a massive waste of RAM) the money doesn’t update.

So while caching makes sense, I think you’re overdoing it. Or should at least provide a way to configure the caching behavior. Like for our case it doesn’t make sense to ever cache longer than a few seconds. And the additional database traffic is no issue for us.

Edit:

I can highly recommend using the caffeine LoadingCache (or maybe even AsyncLoadingCache), simply for its amazing performance and configurability. It’s also already included in Sponge if I’m not entirely mistaken.

Okay, I’ll take a look at it. Is there really much benefit to switching to the caffeine cache instead of the Guava Cache?

It’s already in Sponge and it’s a lot more configurable. Also faster than the Guava cache.

I am trying to add custom currencies and the sponge API for economy apparently won’t allow me to, I was told that I need to go through the Plugin managing the economyService. So how would I add/register new currencies?

A simple way to do this in EconomyLite would be to execute the currency create command.

Sponge.getCommandManager().process(Sponge.getServer().getConsole(), "currency create Dollar Dollars $");

This has to be done differently for every plugin though, because currency creation is not a standard feature in the SpongeAPI. Perhaps you should open an issue on the SpongeAPI noting that currency creation should be exposed in the API.

Yeah, I had been using the command, but I was just making sure that was the easiest way

Can someone please Explain me some things ?
Well im complely new to all this and im using EconomyLite for my Server couse i need it too run other plugins.
First : What is the Purpuse of that
2. : Can i create Trading npc or something like that ?
3. : Can i use this currency to get an mod currency (Coins into PokeDoller)
4. : If my Players on the server have lots of Coins what can they do with that or more : what can i do so they can spend it.

sorry for writing something i just didint found a Video or something that explains me that.
Have a great Day and i hope i can learn

I am having getting the following error when Economy Lite is reading my config file:

This is my config file:

Please note that the password for SQL has been removed in the paste.
My original password includes special characters like ‘=’, which is why the password is inside double quotes.
When I remove the double quotes I get yet another error in the log at line 24, which is the line of the password.
With double quotes this second error goes away.

I am not sure if the error in the paste above comes from these double quotes, or something else. Would love to get some feedback on this.