Emoticons & You

:P

yeah that’s too much work

:<W>P Markdown is love. <3 The w is there because it’s easy to reach, and it’s capitalized because letting go of shift is too much of a bother.

What is <W> for?
also, random stuff here because discourse limits

What, you don’t like the cracked out emoticons?!

Why would anyone? :elephant:

2 Likes

What about these? http://www.dlanham.com/ui/riceballs/

1 Like

Actually, those look really nice. I’d prefer those over what we have now… but I’ll always prefer plain text emoticons ;P

Also, thanks for this:

I’ll use that often :D

1 Like

Look at what I found, guys!

@riking nudge nudge

3 Likes

Probably a noob question, but how does your Discourse look like that? I don’t have a toolbar, only a list button for navigation in the top right…

That looks like an administration panel to me.

1 Like

That’s the admin panel for the test forums that @riking allowed me to use to create the forum theme. :) I figured I’d take a peek where I could to see if it was possible.

I never had a problem with emoticons… c^:

3 Likes

Looks great to me. I prefer that over the current design by a lot!

that creates an empty markdown tab. but because it’s not really markdown, it doesn’t register as anything. To the emoji replacer, though, :<W>) doesn’t equal anything, since it was looking for :), and ends up creating :) ← that.

What no? Emojis are amazing. :slight_smile:

Yeah, but :slight_smile: :) is definitely happier than :smiley: :D, which makes no sense… and :stuck_out_tongue: just looks semi-evil…

Emoticons give the forums character ;3

1 Like

Ha.

Ha.

Haaaaahh…
yeah I don’t like them very much, can you tell? :expressionless:

1 Like

You can always sterilize your text, but putting a \ before every potential control character.

eg. :slight_smile: :wink: * is this \:\) \;\) \* without the \'s it looks like this: :slight_smile: :wink:

I didn’t think much of the different look at first because of a stylesheet override I’m using (via Stylebot), courtesy of @octoshrimpy’s post here.

Which looks quite nice. Kudos, Shrimpy!

1 Like