EquivalentMatterExchange - Go build fancy stuff instead of farming

This is a discussion topic for the Ore project, EquivalentMatterExchange. View the full project on Ore for downloads and more information.

EquivalentMatterExchange

A ProjectE like plugin for Sponge and vanilla Minecraft Clients

This plugin features a limited set of Features from the ProjectE mod, including:

• Energy Condenser: Being able to convert one item into another by putting the
    resources into a special chest
  • Energy Collectors: Havest EMC with the energy of light
  • Transmutation Tables: Store EMC on yourself by feeding items into this, and
    pull out anything you’d like at a different time.
  • EMC Value calculation: The plugin itterates through all crafting and smelting
    recipes accessible through the means of the Sponge API to automatically resolve
    the potential value of each item in Minecraft.

How to build the Devices:

Simply put a daylight detector on top of the base block.
The base block for a Condenser is the chest, for a Collector its the furnace and
for Transmutation Tables it’s the workbench.

To specify a target for the Condenser just put a ItemFrame in from of the chest’s
lid and put the target item in it.

Condensers and Collectors can be upgraded by infusing the daylight sensor with an
end crystal. This will drastically improve the devices function.

If you want to hide the hologram that’s displaying device information, you can
use-click it while sneaking to toggle the hologram on and off.

Permissions and commands

Permission Description
equmatex.command.emc /emc Check the EMC value of an item-type
equmatex.command.setemc /setemc Fix the EMC value for some item, this may cause inconsistencies in recipe calculations!
equmatex.command.resetemc /resetemc Set this item-types EMC value to be recalculated again.
equmatex.command.rebuildemc /rebuildemc Rerun EMC value calculation. This will safe configs afterwards.
equmatex.command.reloademc /reloademc Reload all EMC values from config. This will not start a calculation!
equmatterex.device.collector.create Allows a user to create a Energy Collector
equmatterex.device.collector.sharedaccess Allows a user access and destroy Energy Collectors from other players
equmatterex.device.condenser.create Allows a user to create a Energy Condenser
equmatterex.device.condenser.sharedaccess Allows a user access and destroy Energy Condenser from other players
equmatterex.device.transmutation_table.create Allows a user to create a Transmutation Table
equmatterex.device.transmutation_table.sharedaccess Allows a user access and destroy Transmutation Table from other players

The device.conf allows you to specify whether a device permission is actually used or not.

Quick YouTube Video

Need Help?

Join my Discord

3 Likes

A new version has been released for EquivalentMatterExchange, it is available for download here.

Table View got a button to change extraction stack size
Removed lots of debug outputs

There’s a small problem.When I restart the server, the previously placed items will be invalid.I need to removed and placed again.Have you ever encountered such a situation?

Sorry,I am a Chinese and I not good at English.

devices should actually save in the top block and load with the world chunk.
What Sponge version are you using and what mods/plugins?

spongeforge-1.12.2-2611-7.1.0-BETA-2931.jar
and I am not use Other mods/plugins

The Transmutation Tables and the hologram is OK
But the Energy Condenser and the Energy Collectors have problem.
The daylight detector will turn into original item

I like this plugin very much.And I want to share this plugin in MCBBS.Can you agree with me ?www.mcbbs.net

Thank you for reporting this problem, I’ll look into it.
I’m curious - why aren’t you using ProjectE if you’re already using forge?

I don’t like ProjectE’s items,I just like function of EMC value.
And plugins can reduce the burden on players,the computer performance of the players in my server is not very good.
(Although I also think ProjectE is better,But I still want to try this plugin first. =v=)

This plugin is cool. Is there any way you could add a config file so we could edit the EMC for certain items?

Additionally a feature that our server would find useful is for item conversion to not be 100% efficient, like you loose 5% EMC converting an emerald into 2 diamonds so the system can’t be abused (could be simple to implement like putting an item in only gives a percentage of its actually value to the machine - could even have this configurable)

there’s emcValues.conf that stores calculation results, ypu can edit those and /reloademc afterwards. alternatively there’s /setemc.

I will put conversion rates to my todo list.

I’ve looked through the source so I know the collector is supposed to share emc, but I can’t seem to get it to. Is there a range or perm for it to share?

Okay nvm, it is sharing,but the collector is sharing to the condenser, but not the table?
Nvm again, I realize the table doesn’t have an internal EMC pool for it to share to now.

A new version has been released for EquivalentMatterExchange, it is available for download here.

Fixed Issues with Mods overwriting Vanilla blocks

Fixed log spam introduced with the previous release

Fixed collector, missed in the 0.3/0.3.1 patch

• Fixed devices.conf not loading
  • Added option to blacklist items from the Condenser / Transmutation Table; set what items will duplicate NBT in the Condenser

Condenser and Transmutation Tablet now have a basic efficiency value in the devices.conf that allows to configure a lossy conversion