Essentials plugin for Sponge?

Is there a Essentials plugin for sponge yet?

By meaning essentials, I mean a good essentials plugin that is fast, reliable, cutting edge(Java 8 support, with Java 7 support too), performance friendly plugin?

Yes, I do know essentials is being ported to sponge, but it lacks some features like ItemFlags for kits & bungee cord features, to make essentials custom, you need to get the source, but all you want is to remove lets say [L] from local chat.

Why am I asking this?

Because I can get a team, that would create a plugin like that.

At the moment, no. Essentials is being ported to Sponge, Foundation (https://github.com/FoundationDriven) was a modular replacement but work has stalled, and if you want to check out CommandsOverhaul, erm… Feel free

Hello @Daniel_NGX,
there is already a Plugin made by @Lokio27 see here.
However there are not as many features as essentials and not as many as you mentioned either. So feel free to develope sounds cool what you want to do. :smiley:

bungeecord support is currently missing in sponge, adding that would be great :wink:

Oh god, that’s not even 1% to what I mean, I guess I’ll start building a team :smile:

Yah, you can add bungee cord with a plugin, but it will be tricky. Because bungeecord does support Sponge, but Sponge doesn’t

1 Like

Thats what i said in my post …

I’d help a little bit. I am going on holidays very soon so I’d be inactive for the first 2 months or so. :confused:

That’s what i’m trying to avoid, I’m not a noobie that doesn’t know what his doing, this plugin will contain every single feature that essentials does + Bungeecord support, for example [pcount:server]

Doesn’t that statement contradict itself? But whatever. Maybe if Instructable pops round he can use his chief wordsmith powers to sort that out.

1 Like

I’m aware of the missing Bungeecord support in Sponge due to uuid and offlinemode=true problems :wink:

Relevant:

but it lacks some features like ItemFlags for kits & bungee cord
features, to make essentials custom, you need to get the source, but all
you want is to remove lets say [L] from local chat.

1. What do you mean by itemFlags? Essentials for sponge will have full metadata support.

2. Bungeecord is not even supported by sponge yet. In addition, bungeecord support has nothing to do with Essentials.

3. You dont need to edit the source to remove [L]. There is a messages file.

If you want you can help the Essentials team port it over, rather then starting a yet another essentials replacement that may or not may contain a significant part of the features.

3 Likes

So you just want to duplicate the entire essentials feature set?

Features, yes plus extra ones. Code no.

Why? Whats the problem?

1 Like

Not compatible with sponge duh?

As you said yourself, we are porting.

1 Like

The code is more than 3 years old, yes I know that it’s still “code” and has nothing wrong with it, I just rather build on a whole new system, than using an old one.

We are rewriting it from scratch.

1 Like

Then it’s not a “port”, it’s like coding a whole new plugin…

Considering we have to use an entirely new API… not much old code will be recycled.

3 Likes