ExtraPermissions "out-of-date" [v0.7.2] [API] - Permissions Manager

ExtraPermissions is a powerful permissions plugin that allows server administrators to manage permissions with the flexibility and power for any server configuration.

Requires NameAPI click here

Wiki
To visit click here.

JavaDocs
To visit click here.

GitHub Repository
To visit ExtraPermissions’s GitHub click here.

Download
You can view and download the plugin here.

Issues

#Default configuration files
config.conf

ranks.conf

3 Likes

Why not utilize GitHub’s Issues and Release features?

Anyways, nice job creating a new Permissions plugin.

2 Likes

I’m just starting to program with Sponge

would you be able to make the plugin utilize in-game commands to add groups for example

/experm group add
/experm group del

One thing I’ve always thought would be cool for permissions is triggers or conditions. So a user is automatically made part of a group if they say/do something

There’s no need to. For example, “/experm group vip prefix &a[VIP]&r”, will create a vip rank with the prefix

I will test this, if it doesn’t work i will send the image of chat
thanks for the response.

another thing that I would like is that the plugin doesn’t force the player name to be what it is so that I can still use the /nick command, is that already there or can it be setup?

As if this was going to work?

yes, like instead of forcing the playername into the plugin, allow it to read but modify player name?

for example if i want to set a playername to Kelly, instead of KBearZen if i do /nick KBearZen Kelly it doesn’t show the changes cause your plugin overides the name.

as well as maybe perhaps making groups not Caps Specific, just a suggestion.

– As if it were the API to display nick it would be easier, because then one plugin that was setting and the second reading.

I found:

Player pl;
DisplayNameData data = pl.getOrCreate(DisplayNameData.class).get();
data.displayName().set(Text.of(“Test”));
pl.offer(data);

String displayName = pl.get(DisplayNameData.class).get().displayName().get().toPlain());

so therefor there is no option for that? or is it just not implemented.

i used to do some java coding but don’t know about sponge only spigot

Develop common API, or adds a command or a little wait and see what will be added to the sponge

there are plugins with /nick such as essentialcmds could it be used like this? just have your plugin ignore playername? if not then i shall make due, thanks for the speedy responces.

If the player has a value such as “Display Name” is for programmers who use it would be easier.

is it possible to create an API that would do such thing? I can provide a small donation if you were to help our server out with this
:slightly_smiling:

also, would a /experm save command be possible, or do the perms autosave from ingame, i looked at the config after adding perms ingame and they don’t show in the ranks config

All configurations are saved and loaded after the command.

and for the issue where it doesn’t show in the ranks file?