"Fatally Missing Registry Entries"

Hello! I’m trying to play Modded Minecraft (1.12.2) with my friends, but whenever I join, it always comes up with “Fatally Missing Registry Entries”. None of my friends have these issues.

I’ve been sent the logs when I join, and this is it.
05.01 22:12:57 [Server] User Authenticator #31/INFO [minecraft/NetHandlerLoginServer]: UUID of player Thestancis is be196f7b-757e-4934-a5e3-9efa1dd62f78
05.01 22:12:57 [Server] Netty Epoll Server IO #13/INFO [FML]: Client protocol version 2
05.01 22:12:57 [Server] Netty Epoll Server IO #13/INFO [FML]: Client attempting to join with 41 mods : [email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],questionablyimmersive@@VERSION@,[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],com.elytradev.movingworld.common.asm.coremod@,[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],davincisvessels@@DVESSELSVER@,[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected],[email protected]
05.01 22:12:57 [Server] Netty Epoll Server IO #13/INFO [journeymap]: CLIENT
05.01 22:12:57 [Disconnect] User [minecraft/NetHandlerPlayServer]: Thestancis has disconnected, reason: Disconnected
05.01 22:12:57 [Server] Server thread/INFO [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Thestancis left the game
05.01 22:13:39 [Server] Server thread/INFO [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: There are 2/10 players online:
05.01 22:13:39 [Server] Server thread/INFO [minecraft/DedicatedServer]: Everest, Leo_Mecha

Have you made sure that all your mod config files are the same as the server? A minor conflict like that can result in what you are seeing.

I’m sorry, I’m really bad at anything computer related. What are Config Files? If you could be a bit simpler that would help me out a lot! :slight_smile:

Config files are what allow someone with the exact same mods as your server act in a different way. Say you dont like xyz feature from a mod. What you may do is go into the config files of your server or your client (server being what you connect to. Client being what you connect with) and disable the feature of xyz.

Config files for your server are located in the following location. being where your server is located.

<Root>/configuration

The configuration for your client are located in the following

%appdata%/roaming/.minecraft/configuration

Assuming your on windows 7 or above, you can simply put %appdata% in the search bar and hit enter to get to where %appdata% is

Would downloading all my friend’s Server’s config files for the Mods and replacing them with my Config Files work?

Depends on the mod. As the server and client code is different, some mods have different config files for the server and client.

What should work is if you download all the client config files from a friend who can connect and replace your own client config with the downloaded ones. As then there is no difference between config files from a working client and your client

IMHO, the best test would be to do this:

Ask all the players to move (not remove) their config directories away out of the path.
You do the same.

let the server come up with the default config files that the mods generate on their first-run.
let the client come up with the default config files that the mods generate on their first-run.

Then check
a) does the server start up and run as expected.
b) does a client when attempting to connect to the server run as expected.

If you have the error then, it isn’t the config files. If it doesn’t error then there’s a possibility it is the config files.

Again, (using the rule: change one thing at a time)
Leave the server config’s as they were (put them back as-is – remember you moved them away, now put them back)
But move away the client config files (not delete, just move them out of the path )
and then restart the server
and check for

a) does the server start up as expected.
b) do clients connect as expected

Rinse repeat for the config directories that show working client operation, leaving the server-side along.

Divide and conquer
Change one variable at a time
etc…

I had a similar issue to this after changing the name of my sponge forge due to mixin incompatibility. I could not get the fatally missing registry entries to go away so I used the mixin 0.7-0.8 compatibility mod made by “NotStirred” from curseforge and everything connected flawlessly. Left my spongeforge with the original name, and I used version 1.12.2-2838-7.3.0 with forge 1.12.2-2838-7.3.0. I know this may not be 100% related, but I hope this solves the issue for some.