FML Does Not Recognize Sponge Plugins

I tried firing up my server for the first time in 3 months. I noticed that all the forge mods loaded fine, however my Sponge plugins weren’t loading properly. I looked through the log and saw the FML was considering all the Sponge plugins as non-mod files. Searched Google, and it seemed like others that had this problem had incompatible Sponge & Forge versions. I double checked mine, and it looks like I’m fine on that front. Any possible solution to this?

Forge verison: 14.23.4.2705
Sponge verison: 1.12.2-2705-7.1.0-BETA-3455 (Recommends using Forge 2705)

Example from log:

[09:10:13] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: FML has found a non-mod file Broadcast-1.2.1.jar in your mods directory. It will now be injected into your classpath. This could severe stability issues, it should be removed if possible.
[09:10:13] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: FML has found a non-mod file BuycraftX.jar in your mods directory. It will now be injected into your classpath. This could severe stability issues, it should be removed if possible.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvfjjbqzt1ysw5c/latest.log?dl=0

Short answer: sponge is crashing.

Sponge is detecting that your java version is out of date. While sponge can only run on java 8, it is the java update that is out of date

I’m pretty sure the hosting company has all their machines run version 8. I did submit a ticket, asking for their confirmation though.

Sponge is saying its java 8. Its just its not java 8 update 181 (or whatever version sponge really likes)

I don’t think that was the issue. I removed MalisisCore and I’m getting plugin support. I don’t know what would have caused that. Maybe a change with the Forge update? Idk, I’m going to downgrade till I find a working version.

Some mods will actually break sponge due to the fact that Sponge assumes that all mods are programmed correctly however not every mod is sadly.

Im personally a Sponge Vannila guy so im not used to detecting what mods are not compatible with Sponge

Yep, there are two problems here:

• Rename your SpongeForge jar to begin with “a” or replace MalisisCore with Dockter / MalisisCore.
  • As @MoseMister said, the Java 8 version is too old, that indicates update 5, we need at least update 20 due to a bug in Java. That said, that update version is SUPER old, your host really should update it.