Forge + Sponge problem

Hi when i just installed spongeforge latest build for my forge 1.12.2 minecraft server, i put the jar file in /mods and i started the server… But when it’s start it crash with this error:

Your SpongeForge and Forge versions mismatch I believe. Try using Forge 2705, or (if there is a release) updating sponge to spongeforge-1.12.2-2736.

-edit- As an FYI though, I just got off a long shift at work, so may be FOS

[20:28:33] [main/INFO] [mixin]: SpongePowered MIXIN Subsystem Version=0.7.4 Source=file:/root/talent/./mods/MalisisCore-1.12.2.jar Service=LaunchWrapper Env=SERVER

MalisisCore brings a different Mixin version than that Sponge build requires:

Caused by: org.spongepowered.asm.launch.MixinInitialisationError: Required mixin config mixins.common.api.json requires mixin subsystem version 0.7.10

Try removing MalisCore and see if it works.

Edit: And yeah, your Sponge and Forge versions don’t match. Sometimes it can be a problem, so just go and match them to be sure.

The issue can also be partially resolved by forcing SpongeForge to start before MalisisCore. That can be done by adding a prefix like _ or aaa to the SpongeForge file name. Ideally an updated version of MalisisCore would be a better solution.

1 Like

Thanks worked perfectly, tho i am in the process of setting up a new sponge server, well an upgraded one. Thanks again

1 Like