This is a discussion topic for the Ore project, GLM. View the full project on Ore for downloads and more information.
WebGL Map (GLM) is a Minecraft server plugin which allows you to view minecraft server worlds from a web browser. GLM is broken up into two applications, the server side plugin (this) and the client side project, located here. The server endpoint (this plugin) distributes JSON information to clients which requested the information via a WebSocket protocol connection. This plugin disseminates information including but not limited to server information, this plugins settings, player information, and world data / chunk information.
External Connections / Metrics
- This plugin features a web server, which uses a WebSocket connection to allow ‘clients’ to retrieve information.
- Gather and stores world chunk information for later retrieval.
- View multiple worlds.
- View multiple server from one client connection.
- Respect each world’s world border.
- Config options for the client.
- Client texture pack customization.
- SSL capable.
Commands and permissions
|/glm url||Gets the url of the GLM map||glm.commands.url|
|/glm create||Creates chunks and attempts to add them to the cache. Please note that this command could crash the server if you attempt to create too many chunks.||glm.commands.create|
|/glm purge||Purges chunks from the cache||glm.commands.purge|
|/glm toggle||Toggles a players visibility on the web map. Gives the permission
|/glm debug||Gets debug information for the GLM plugin||glm.commands.debug|
|/glm version||Get the current version of the GLM plugin||glm.commands.version|
Quick Installation / Setup
Note: If you need help with any of the steps below please hop onto the GLM discord and ask for help!
Note: An advanced configuration and installation guide will be provided on the individual project wikis here and here.
Installing the server side plugin
- Drag and drop this plugin into the
- Initialize the plugin configuration file by
- Finish up by configuring the plugin to your needs.
- The configuration file comments are still be a bit lacking at this point. Please ask for help if you do not know what a specific section does.
Installing / Setting up the client side web project
- Navigate to the glm-client project releases here and download the pre-compiled files.
- Add the files to a web server like apache, IIS, or NGIX.
Build form source
- Clone the glm-client project here and run the
- Copy the resulting files from the
releasefolder to a web server like apache, IIS, or NGIX.
- Add top down 3D support.
- Add texture support for blocks.
- Add the ability to see players on the map.
- When using the
generateWorldconfig option, it can lead to phase tracker errors in the console.