GriefPrevention Official Thread [1.10/1.11/1.12] TOWN/WECUI Support

I agree, make things difficult unless that API could be able to translate the info to other plugins.

Hey everybody, the UUID migration work seems to have landed, and lately I’ve been doing lots of work to improve performance both during play time and during boot. If you’re running a server with GP and you haven’t updated within the last couple of weeks, now is a great time to come grab a new build and get all the goodness.

Also, if any of you are running Spigot, timings reports are solid gold to me right now while I’m working on performance!

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/grief-prevention/

:smile:

1 Like

Had an idea last night. I doubt it’s worth the performance hit if there’d be much of one, but one of my mods was telling me she accidentally mined through someone’s claim (the stone under it, but it was still claimed) unknowingly because she was ignoring claims. It brought up the idea that it may be nice to have timely warnings if it looks like a user is mining and is going through someone’s claim (at least if /ic is enabled), maybe just if the user breaks blocks at all in a claim they don’t have permission to otherwise.

Also, do you know if the UUID conversions that BC’s version converted would be compatible with these new versions? I doubt I still have a pre-UUID-conversion set of files sitting around, and they’d be considerably out-dated by now I’d guess.

I guess I could put a timer on it, have it revert back to respecting claims mode after 10 minutes?

The current versions are back compat with those beta builds BC released. He didn’t actually do any UUID conversion work - he just replaced claim IDs with what looked like UUID’s. It had nothing to do with actual player UUID’s.

I am SO happy to see GriefPrevention is moving forward - it’s the foundation for anti-grief and the peace keeper for my server.

I absolutely love the plugin and recommend it to everyone! If you’re switching to Sponge, then the smartest thing for me to do is prepare for the move as well. I see a bright future ahead for Minecraft and those who adopt to the changes using Sponge. Exciting times ahead!

The timer may be nice, maybe more annoying for some servers. Couldn’t say XD Would it not be better to have a warning message, similar to building outside claims, but rather for building in claims that aren’t yours (or trusted in)? I suspect this may conflict a bit with the way it’s setup currently though.

And I’m running your most recent GP version. Looks like it worked fine, short of two claims that were converted to admin, which I could just transfer back easily enough. On the note of admin claims, I quite liked the way BC had visualized them with emerald blocks instead, was a nice visual delimiter from normal claims, would be nice to see that re-implemented.

@GeekyServers I hafta agree, although a warning, mods may see that as an advertisement, which was recently prohibited in the new rules, afaik.

Also, I’m using the most recent build, the gold shovel doesn’t really seem to do anything when right clicking quartz blocks. I think this is something that was fixed in BCs version, but I guess that was reverted. I’m assuming there’s going to be a few blocks that the shovel won’t work on.

You liked it better that way? Hm - I thought the green blocks blended too well with grass and trees.

Well, might depend on the texture pack. Anything other than what is used for the default/sub/error visuals would be nice I should say. Maybe lapis blocks. If you keep glowstone as the corner, then even emerald isn’t so bad. Guess some other people’s inputs would be nice on that bit.

It can be whatever just not the default claim block.

Cool, I’ll look at maybe colored wool as an option. I’ll do something soon to differentiate admin claims in visualizations.

2 Likes

@Nentify alright, I made it go faster.

1 Like

This is done, now. Jackolanterns for administrative claims. Extra glow! =D

4 Likes

nice ````````````````````````````` :wink:

Question: Can you use ChatColors (&) in the messages.yml?

I haven’t tried it, but my guess is yes.

I’m not using exactly the latest version (just 2-3 versions back), but it seems locking claims isn’t a thing anymore. I’m not sure if that was something you removed intentionally or was a reverted change from BC, but I think it could be helpful.

It also seems the search radius by shift+right click with the stick doesn’t work in the version I’m using. Also assuming that was reverted. It was quite handy. It also seems that sometimes claim visualizations don’t appear in a visible spot, in particular on a house with a pitched stair-roof, some corners of the claim didn’t want to show on the stairs (that may be worth testing a bit as my client could’ve just been doing some buggy chunk updates, Optifine and such)

After testing restore nature a bit, it seems it just doesn’t revert the newer stair blocks, although I’m assuming ya already know that. Restoring a house recently with a somewhat large farm under it left the farm almost entirely in-tact and with a bit of a gaping hole in the surface (just used WorldEdit to regen it). Would aggressive restore be more helpful in that situation? I forgot to even try that. Maybe there could be a restoreclaim command that would abandon and restore the entirety of the claimed area (including depth)?

And lastly, would it be possible to prevent restoring claims if there’s a non-expired claim within a small radius of it or sharing a structure? I ask because I recently found a user’s house which was partially restored because part of their house was claimed by a friend of theirs who hadn’t been on in a while (users on my server seem incapable of learning how to make proper claims, despite how easy it is). Maybe a better way to handle that if at all, although I’m not too great at thinking of simplistic methods, unfortunately.

Sorry in advance if I’m addressing issues that are resolved in later versions!

Claims locking was reverted with the rest. Same with shift + right click with stick for claims in the area.

Thanks for the info about the new stair blocks, just have to add them to the list.

Nope, /rna would have given you the same gaping hole. You could have filled it with /rnf (restore nature fill). It’s not doable to fill in the right depth, as GP doesn’t spend any hard drive keeping history of blocks (maybe that hole was generated there? It’s impossible to know). So in the few cases where you wipe a build and leave a crater, /rnf is the stopgap (no pun intended) tool.

Yeah I dunno about that detecting a structure that’s connected to a land claim thing - it would be tough to code, a little hard on the CPU, and might actually prevent you from removing griefs like cobble walls built around a land claim to wall in the claim owner.

You’re up to date on all accounts. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Knocked several items off that todo list in the latest versions. :slight_smile: Update your servers! See change logs on BukkitDev for details.

Do you have any intention to restoring those features, then?

Thanks, didn’t know that command even existed XD

How detrimental would it be to invert the list, per-say? As in have a list of blocks that generate naturally, rather than the list of unnatural blocks. Seems the natural blocks list doesn’t change as often per Minecraft version. They’re also well-enough documented here (short of some 1.8 blocks I think).