GriefPrevention Official Thread [1.10/1.11/1.12] TOWN/WECUI Support

When I’ve tried using Grief Prevention, with LuckPerms, I get this message: [Server] Server thread/ERROR [griefprevention]: Unable to initialize plugin. Detected SpongeForge build 2039 but GriefPrevention requires build 2184+

=( What can I do to fix this? I’ve matched it with spongeforge-1.10.2.2202-5.1.0-BETA-2039

I’m afraid if I change the forge that Pixelmon won’t work for my server. What should I do? I’ve been trying to use griefprevention-1.10.2-2.3.1.264. I’ve spent days and days on this and I feel like there’s no other options other than to quit at this point.

Do exactly what it says and update. Pixelmon works perfectly fine on latest SF and Forge. You will get no support running outdated builds of Sponge.

I was using griefprevention and something I noticed was that I needed to trust players in order for them to be able to build in wilderness, for whatever reason. So, the simple solution is to trust them with /trust public while in wilderness, but for some reason every time the server resets, public needs to be retrusted. Is there anything in the config corresponding to default wilderness trust permissions?

Was wondering if you could add an option, so that instead of deleting expired claims, it would keep them around and show as “abandoned”.
Then admins could run /abandonedclaims in order to get a list of claims by users which have been left behind. Since there are some users who I know will return and many, who only came on for a few hours, claimed land and left, who’s I want to get rid off.

@blood, So this is by far my most sought after plugin. Im in the process of getting my server up and running, and I am running Permissions Manager, I read in your description that your plugin doesn’t work with PM, is this still the case or has it been resolved? I really hope that this becomes available as its the most simple and player friendly protection plugin out there it seems.

From the Permission Manager thread: [“This version should fix the problems of the last versions with GriefPrevention”]
([Abandoned] 🔑 PermissionManager [v3.0.1] [API 5.X] A simple and easy permission plugin - #780 by djxy). Go for it!

2 Likes

A portal to the End on the admin region does not teleport players. Flag for the use of the teleport is set to true. How to fix?

Hi. What do I need to do to get this plugin working with LuckPerms on forge 1.10.2? I just want the default group and the default gp perms. Beyond placing a chest and getting the initial plot, no commands work (no permission) and neither does the gold shovel (you do not have permission to claim land). I have checked and the default group is there with the griefprevention.claim permission. These do not even work for op. I would just like all players to be able to claim and expand plots! I haven’t done any commands as the default group and default gp permission is enough.

forge-1.10.2-12.18.3.2202
spongeforge-1.10.2-2221-5.2.0-BETA-2223
griefprevention-1.10.2-2.3.1.271
LuckPerms-Sponge-3.0.35

Heres is a gold shovel right click debug:

[23:08:30] [pool-2-thread-1/INFO]: [LP] LOG > Checking f451 for: griefprevention.flag.interact-item-secondary.minecraft.golden_shovel.source.minecraft.player (UNDEFINED)
[23:08:30] [pool-2-thread-1/INFO]: [LP] LOG > Checking f451 for: griefprevention.flag.interact-item-secondary.minecraft.source.minecraft.player (UNDEFINED)
[23:08:30] [pool-2-thread-1/INFO]: [LP] LOG > Checking local:defaults/default for: griefprevention.flag.interact-item-secondary.minecraft.golden_shovel.source.minecraft.player (UNDEFINED)
[23:08:30] [pool-2-thread-1/INFO]: [LP] LOG > Checking local:defaults/default for: griefprevention.flag.interact-item-secondary.minecraft.source.minecraft.player (UNDEFINED)
[23:08:30] [pool-2-thread-1/INFO]: [LP] LOG > Checking local:defaults/default for: griefprevention.flag.interact-item-secondary.minecraft.golden_shovel.source.minecraft.player (TRUE)
[23:08:30] [pool-2-thread-1/INFO]: [LP] LOG > Checking f451 for: griefprevention.flag.interact-block-secondary.minecraft.grass.source.minecraft.player.0 (UNDEFINED)
[23:08:30] [pool-2-thread-1/INFO]: [LP] LOG > Checking f451 for: griefprevention.flag.interact-block-secondary.minecraft.source.minecraft.player.0 (UNDEFINED)
[23:08:30] [pool-2-thread-1/INFO]: [LP] LOG > Checking local:defaults/default for: griefprevention.flag.interact-block-secondary.minecraft.grass.source.minecraft.player.0 (UNDEFINED)
[23:08:30] [pool-2-thread-1/INFO]: [LP] LOG > Checking local:defaults/default for: griefprevention.flag.interact-block-secondary.minecraft.source.minecraft.player.0 (UNDEFINED)
[23:08:30] [pool-2-thread-1/INFO]: [LP] LOG > Checking local:defaults/default for: griefprevention.flag.interact-block-secondary.minecraft.grass.source.minecraft.player.0 (TRUE)
[23:08:30] [pool-2-thread-1/INFO]: [LP] LOG > Checking f451 for: griefprevention.user.claim.create (UNDEFINED)

Cheers, F451

1 Like

@Fahrenheit451 I’m having this same problem. I tried generating perms on a new instance and nothing.

Edit: Nevermind, fixed it. Simply needed to add griefprevention.user to the default group

GP failing to start up:

[23:11:55] [Server thread/ERROR] [Sponge/sponge]: Could not pass FMLPreInitializationEvent to Plugin{id=griefprevention, name=GriefPrevention, version=2.3.1, description=This plugin is designed to prevent all forms of grief., source=/home/container/mods/griefprevention-1.10.2-2.3.1.272.jar}
java.util.NoSuchElementException: No value present
    at java.util.Optional.get(Optional.java:135) ~[?:1.8.0_111-internal]
    at me.ryanhamshire.griefprevention.GriefPreventionPlugin.onPreInit(GriefPreventionPlugin.java:403) ~[GriefPreventionPlugin.class:?]
    at org.spongepowered.common.event.listener.GamePreInitializationEventListener_GriefPreventionPlugin_onPreInit6.handle(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
    at org.spongepowered.common.event.RegisteredListener.handle(RegisteredListener.java:95) ~[RegisteredListener.class:1.10.2-2254-5.2.0-BETA-2234]
    at org.spongepowered.mod.event.SpongeModEventManager.post(SpongeModEventManager.java:313) [SpongeModEventManager.class:1.10.2-2254-5.2.0-BETA-2234]
    at org.spongepowered.mod.event.SpongeModEventManager.post(SpongeModEventManager.java:342) [SpongeModEventManager.class:1.10.2-2254-5.2.0-BETA-2234]
    at org.spongepowered.mod.SpongeMod.onStateEvent(SpongeMod.java:234) [SpongeMod.class:1.10.2-2254-5.2.0-BETA-2234]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_111-internal]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_111-internal]
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_111-internal]
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_111-internal]
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74) [minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47) [minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322) [minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304) [minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275) [minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:243) [LoadController.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:221) [LoadController.class:?]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_111-internal]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_111-internal]
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_111-internal]
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74) [minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47) [minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322) [minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304) [minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275) [minecraft_server.1.10.2.jar:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.redirect$onPost$zzb000(LoadController.java:552) [LoadController.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:145) [LoadController.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:624) [Loader.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:99) [FMLServerHandler.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:328) [FMLCommonHandler.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:121) [ld.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:431) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_111-internal]

[23:12:32] [Server thread/ERROR] [Sponge/sponge]: Could not pass FMLServerAboutToStartEvent to Plugin{id=griefprevention, name=GriefPrevention, version=2.3.1, description=This plugin is designed to prevent all forms of grief., source=/home/container/mods/griefprevention-1.10.2-2.3.1.272.jar}
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at me.ryanhamshire.griefprevention.GriefPreventionPlugin.loadConfig(GriefPreventionPlugin.java:1453) ~[GriefPreventionPlugin.class:?]
    at me.ryanhamshire.griefprevention.GriefPreventionPlugin.onServerAboutToStart(GriefPreventionPlugin.java:717) ~[GriefPreventionPlugin.class:?]
    at org.spongepowered.common.event.listener.GameAboutToStartServerEventListener_GriefPreventionPlugin_onServerAboutToStart8.handle(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
    at org.spongepowered.common.event.RegisteredListener.handle(RegisteredListener.java:95) ~[RegisteredListener.class:1.10.2-2254-5.2.0-BETA-2234]
    at org.spongepowered.mod.event.SpongeModEventManager.post(SpongeModEventManager.java:313) [SpongeModEventManager.class:1.10.2-2254-5.2.0-BETA-2234]
    at org.spongepowered.mod.event.SpongeModEventManager.post(SpongeModEventManager.java:342) [SpongeModEventManager.class:1.10.2-2254-5.2.0-BETA-2234]
    at org.spongepowered.mod.SpongeMod.onStateEvent(SpongeMod.java:234) [SpongeMod.class:1.10.2-2254-5.2.0-BETA-2234]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:243) [LoadController.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:221) [LoadController.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.redirect$onPost$zzb000(LoadController.java:552) [LoadController.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:145) [LoadController.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.serverAboutToStart(Loader.java:925) [Loader.class:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.handleServerAboutToStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:287) [FMLCommonHandler.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:264) [ld.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:431) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_111-internal]
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at me.ryanhamshire.griefprevention.DataStore.<clinit>(DataStore.java:129) ~[DataStore.class:?]
    ... 34 more

griefprevention-1.10.2-2.3.1.272.jar
spongeforge-1.10.2-2254-5.2.0-BETA-2234.jar
LuckPerms-Sponge-3.0.32.jar

So on my server I don’t want players breaking the spawn points so I set the flag block-break any false override in my admin claim. However is there a way that I can still access the admin claims to build? I don’t want to have to keep removing the flag every time I want to edit something.

I am using Luckyperms for permissions.

If you’re an admin, you should be able to build inside admin claims, even if block-break is false. If you want to let someone else build, you use /trust [name] inside the claim.

Works perfectly fine on my server, however I don’t have the override flag (pretty sure override doesn’t matter, but if you’re concerned about that, just do default or claim instead of override).

Also make sure to have the lastest sponge, lp, and gp, in case it’s part of an old bug which got fixed

Is there any way to delete all the claims within a certain area? I want to admin claim a large area of land that has some player claims in it but I can’t find all the little claims one at a time.

Do you know the progress of making 1.10.2 work with PermissionManager? We would love to use GriefPrevention if/when it is updated!

EDIT: I see PM has been updated and will be trying it soon!

Idk what it is, but this combined with Nucleus is killing my server with Tick errors:

Minecraft::Nucleuscount(4) total(0.89% 0.295s, 1.37% of tick)avg(73.66ms per - 0.69ms/0.01 per tick)
Minecraft::Nucleus (SELF)count(4) total(0.89% 0.293s, 1.36% of tick)avg(73.32ms per - 0.68ms/0.01 per tick)
GriefPrevention::EntityEventHandlercount(6) total(0.00% 0.001s, 0.00% of tick)avg(0.16ms per - 0.00ms/0.01 per tick)

Thats from the timings report, on top of being behind 75 ticks spam in console.

Does GP allow us to set global flag ? Like if I want to disable fire-spread in the whole world, can I make a global claim or anything ?

Edit : @RandomByte gave me the answer, it’s within wilderness.

Is anyone having trouble with item frames? I’m able to remove the items from item frames on someone elses claim and when that happens, the item disappears from existence.

Also I cant seem to attack other mods on others claims with a bow, the arrows just bounce back…

I"m not able to place ender crystal on the exit portal at the end to resurrect the ender dragon. the area around the exit portal looks like it protected.

You can read more?