Holograms - Easily create floating texts!

You could check log/latest.log without starting the server if it is still there.

Had already check it the problem was a little issue form UltimateCore, when you want here is the log: http://pastebin.com/jGArMTCG

Uhm… how to delete a hologram?

Execute /holograms near the Hologram you want to delete. A list of nearby Holograms will be shown. Click on [DEL] to delete it. Docs

Uuuuh! Okaaaay! I didn’t understand that those [XXX] are real clickable buttons!
OMG… thanks!

is there any way you could make these holograms save to a database of some sort? I just had all my holograms vanish and now have to go back and reset them up and its just really frustrating that the plugin isn’t more like holographic displays in terms of being able to save them to an actual file.

Creating a backup file is already on my todo list. But I have no time to actually implement it right now.

I have some old holograms from previous version that I cannot remove. Any ideas?

/kill @e[type=armor_stand,r=2] or /kill @e[type=ArmorStand,r=2] depending on your Minecraft version. This command removes every ArmorStand(not just old Holograms) in a 2 block radius around you. Please backup you world before executing the command just to be safe.

1 Like

Ty so much. This is HUGE =)

I was testing Holograms 2.2 on Sponge 6 and 7. On 7, it doesn’t work at all. On 6, I was able to make a hologram, but now I can’t remove it because it was not registered. I tried running: [quote=“RandomByte, post:230, topic:12861”]
/kill @e[type=armor_stand,r=2] or /kill @e[type=ArmorStand,r=2]
[/quote]

but it did not work. I got back the error: Exception from /kill Unexpected error running this commnad: No type known as 'e'
How can I remove just this hologram?

[details=Server Log][14:10:58] [Server thread/ERROR] [Sponge]: Error occurred while executing command 'holograms create TEST' for source EntityPlayerMP['SalvadorZXA'/1736, l='world', x=-712.80, y=63.00, z=693.21]: A DataManipulatorBuilder is not registered for the manipulator class: de.randombyte.holograms.data.HologramData java.lang.IllegalStateException: A DataManipulatorBuilder is not registered for the manipulator class: de.randombyte.holograms.data.HologramData at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkState(Preconditions.java:176) ~[minecraft_server.1.11.2.jar:?] at net.minecraft.entity.Entity.getOrCreate(Entity.java:3388) ~[sn.class:?] at de.randombyte.holograms.HologramsServiceImpl.createHologram(HologramsServiceImpl.kt:62) ~[HologramsServiceImpl.class:?] at de.randombyte.holograms.commands.SpawnTextHologramCommand.executedByPlayer(SpawnTextHologramCommand.kt:20) ~[SpawnTextHologramCommand.class:?] at de.randombyte.holograms.shaded.kosp.PlayerExecutedCommand.execute(PlayerExecutedCommand.kt:19) ~[PlayerExecutedCommand.class:?] at org.spongepowered.api.command.args.ChildCommandElementExecutor.execute(ChildCommandElementExecutor.java:182) ~[ChildCommandElementExecutor.class:1.11.2-2282-6.0.0-BETA-2297] at org.spongepowered.api.command.spec.CommandSpec.process(CommandSpec.java:359) ~[CommandSpec.class:1.11.2-2282-6.0.0-BETA-2297] at org.spongepowered.api.command.dispatcher.SimpleDispatcher.process(SimpleDispatcher.java:336) ~[SimpleDispatcher.class:1.11.2-2282-6.0.0-BETA-2297] at org.spongepowered.common.command.SpongeCommandManager.process(SpongeCommandManager.java:296) ~[SpongeCommandManager.class:1.11.2-2282-6.0.0-BETA-2297] at net.minecraft.command.ServerCommandManager.func_71556_a(SourceFile:1083) ~[bd.class:?] at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147361_d(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:904) ~[mi.class:?] at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.func_147354_a(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:883) ~[mi.class:?] at net.minecraft.network.play.client.CPacketChatMessage.func_148833_a(SourceFile:37) ~[ip.class:?] at net.minecraft.network.play.client.CPacketChatMessage.func_148833_a(SourceFile:9) ~[ip.class:?] at org.spongepowered.common.network.PacketUtil.lambda$onProcessPacket$0(PacketUtil.java:153) ~[PacketUtil.class:1.11.2-2282-6.0.0-BETA-2297] at org.spongepowered.common.event.tracking.CauseTracker.switchToPhase(CauseTracker.java:159) [CauseTracker.class:1.11.2-2282-6.0.0-BETA-2297] at org.spongepowered.common.network.PacketUtil.onProcessPacket(PacketUtil.java:152) [PacketUtil.class:1.11.2-2282-6.0.0-BETA-2297] at net.minecraft.network.PacketThreadUtil$1.redirect$onProcessPacket$zjk000(SourceFile:539) [fo$1.class:?] at net.minecraft.network.PacketThreadUtil$1.run(SourceFile:13) [fo$1.class:?] at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_131] at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_131] at net.minecraft.util.Util.func_181617_a(SourceFile:46) [h.class:?] at org.spongepowered.common.SpongeImplHooks.onUtilRunTask(SpongeImplHooks.java:256) [SpongeImplHooks.class:1.11.2-2282-6.0.0-BETA-2297] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.redirect$onRun$zhj000(MinecraftServer.java:3949) [MinecraftServer.class:?] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:679) [MinecraftServer.class:?] at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:384) [lh.class:?] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:624) [MinecraftServer.class:?] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:482) [MinecraftServer.class:?] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_131][/details]

I haven’t used this plugin, but I’m sure there will be a data file somewhere which contains it.

@SalvadorZXA The probably doesn’t work because it isn’t the real kill command from vanilla minecraft. Try /minecraft:kill.
The data itself(as in the issue on GitHub): This is a known issue. Sponge’s data registration changed with api 6. To avoid this problem use a sponge build against api < 6 until an update is released.

@yepidoodles Nope, it is directly stored in the world as recommended by sponge.

1 Like

could you please update this plugin to api6?

Isn’t it working with api v6?

1 Like

Not really, I can use Holograms v2.2 to create a holograms, but my server report error and I can’t edit the holograms created.

What is the error and what sponge version are you using exactly?

I am using sponge 2370 for minecraft 1.11.2, well I didnt record the error

The crashlog/stacktrace and the whole server log are crucial to solve any problem.

tested with:
spongeforge-1.11.2-2315-6.1.0-BETA-2378
holograms-2.2

during startup:

here is did /holograms create end

fml-server-latest.log: