Holograms - Easily create floating texts!

How should I write this down in a better way?

have each hologram made stored in a file containing its coordinates and ID?

The first hologram ID would be 1, second would be 2, and so on.

/hologram list should list all holograms in the world
/hologram delete [ID] should delete the specified hologram
/hologram nearby to check nearby holograms? (I donā€™t see its importance as you can list them)
/hologram move [ID] moves a hologram from its old position to the new position youā€™re at

https://github.com/randombyte-developer/holograms/blob/master/src/main/kotlin/de/randombyte/holograms/config/serializer/HologramSerializer.kt
The armor stand uuid and the text is stored in a file. Because of the long uuid the holograms are identified with, I only made a command to list nearby holograms and then delete them through the text-ā€œguiā€.
I could add a way to identify the holograms like git commits(only first characters of whole uuid are needed). Changing location will be implemented soonā„¢. Editing text will be done in the config file. After changing the config it should be reloaded with some /holograms reload command to update the armor stands.

posting issues, adding something to the end of the post

##v0.2 released: Download

Changes:

• Added multiline support
  • Changed config structure

Other things are comingā€¦

Edit:
##v0.2.1 released!

Changes:

• Bug fixes
  • Added permission ā€˜de.randombyte.hologramsā€™

Sorry for this short version update

1 Like

released v0.2.5: Download

Changes:

• Added moving of Holograms in /holograms list command
  • Added optional radius specifier in /holograms list <radius> command
  • Reworked and refactored the code

I will wait some time, test the plugin and then move in from WIP to release because I donā€™t have any features to implement.

does /holograms list still delete nearby holograms o.o

It always listed the nearby holograms(and now the ones in specified radius) by showing the first line of text, a delete button (and now a move button). When hovering over the text it shows you the uuid of the hologram to identify it in the config.

1 Like

Ah I see. I guess I misunderstood it before. Iā€™ll add it and test it out as soon as I can :smiley:

1 Like

lemi know on discord if you can get it to work correctly for you. the nameplate itself always falls to the ground on my server. dunno if its the same for you.

The nogravity works for me. I could update the plugin to use api v5 to use the built in nogravity data but then all users had to have the new server build.

Works for me as well
http://puu.sh/pcC1h/25f2540173.jpg

whys it work for you but not meā€¦ cry we basically running the same server setupā€¦ what version of sponge are you on though?

As I said, with a fresh setup I canā€™t reproduce it. Glad that @SnowBlitzz reports the correct behavior.
Are there other plugins on your server?

Iā€™m thinking itā€™s the noFallDamage plugin youā€™re using causing it? I mean, itā€™s somehow connected although hard to grasp how.

i mean im pretty sure i had it installed way before the nofalldamage but here is a link randombyte to the nofalldamage if you want to see if its connected in any way.

and there is a screenshot of the plugins list.

I think that plugin doesnā€™t cause the problem but you can remove it and test if it works. All the other plugins: I donā€™t know what for example Automator exactly does and all the other mods.
The only way to know which plugin or mod causes this is to remove one plugin/mod after another or slowly add one after another.
Are you sure you are using the latest version of Holograms?

yeah using the latest version Iā€™ll have to do some testing later when no1 is on the server then to see if i can figure it out.

I just tested this with the newest version of sponge and it fixed the issue with the hologram falling to the ground; however, there it spams the chat with summoning command block info and then when trying to move or delete; it throws an error. Iā€™ll update this msg with the error as soon as i readd it to my server

cant really see the rest of the error and it doesnt show in console in multicraftā€¦

@RandomByte
I donā€™t understand why youā€™re using the EntityData command.

If you cast the entity you create to ArmorStand, there are setGravity(boolean) and setSmall(boolean) methods.

Back when I thought I might actually use holograms at some point, I wrote this class, which I believe is still fully functional, you may want to take a peek.

#####Iā€™m tempted to put a ā€œThe More You Knowā€ star here.

I see. First I used bats to show text and because of that I use the commands. But this way works and I hope api v4.1 gets released soon.