HomeSweetHome - An advanced home plugin

This is a discussion topic for the Ore project, HomeSweetHome. View the full project on Ore for downloads and more information.

HomeSweetHome

HomeSweetHome is an advanced and customizable homes plugin. HomeSweetHome requires KatLib

Features

• Customizable home limit for each player
  • Permissions to manage exactly what players can do
  • Invite players to other homes
  • Permanent invites in the form of residents for a home

Configuration

• home.homeLimit The default limit to how many homes someone can have
  • home.residentLimit The default limit to how many residents a home can have
  • home.timeout The amount of time in seconds before an invite or request times out
  • version Tracks the config version. Don’t touch.

A new version has been released for HomeSweetHome, it is available for download here.

No description given.

A new version has been released for HomeSweetHome, it is available for download here.

• /home without any arguments now routes to /home list
  • /home homes is now replaces with /homes
  • The home argument for /home residents is now optipnal. If not supplied, it will instead show more genral information for all homes.
  • /home residents can now be written as /home res
  • Fixed residents interface now showing if there aren’t already any residents

• The home argument for /home residents is now optipnal. If not supplied, it will instead show more genral information for all homes.

Aloha :slight_smile:
Would costs and cooldowns be something you’d consider adding for this?

On setting a home, warping to a home, inviting a resident and so on?

EDIT:

Also, for homeSweetHome.homeLimit and homeSweetHome.residentsLimit - how do these translate into permissions - or rather, what is the format for them?
homeSweetHome.3, homeSweetHome.homeLimit.3, or an option to be defined in the config?

EDIT EDIT:

Also also, a couple of typos :slight_smile:

/home other residents remove Remove a player from the residents of another home - Should this be Remove a player as a resident of another’s home.
/home other residents limit Check home name residents another user can have for homes - and should this be Check how many residents another user can have for their homes.?

Few other minor ones but don’t want to seem like I’m overly criticising :confused: :slight_smile:

I’m completely open to criticizing in that way. I mean, that lower typo was a thing for how long ?!?!.

As for the other points. The limits are options, not permissions, although they are grouped with the permissions as they are managed by the permission plugin.

• Using LuckPermissions you would use them like this /lp user/group <user|group> meta set homesweethome.homelimit <home limit>
  • Using PEX it would be /pex user/group <user|group> option homesweethome.homelimit <home limit>

As for costs and cooldowns. No most likely not. I want to do something with those in the future, but I want to do it in a more flexible way in the future that’s not limited to just home stuff. Waiting for this until I can do that. New event. CommandProcessEvent by djxy · Pull Request #1333 · SpongePowered/SpongeAPI · GitHub

1 Like

Ah I see.

To set how many homes and residents a player can have you can use these permission options. These are permission options, not normal nodes!

Was that always there or did you add it in? :confused:
Did I just entirely blank on that? o_0

The whole thing was a bit outdated so I updated it to a newer version. The thing about them being permission options was always there though :stuck_out_tongue:.

1 Like

HomeSweetHome 2.2.0 will soon be released with localization support. If anyone want to provide a language, I’d love a pull request. https://github.com/Katrix-/HomeSweetHome/blob/master/shared/src/main/resources/assets/homesweethome/lang.properties

1 Like

Additions:

• Added localization support
  • Added Norwegian Bokmål localization
  • Added functionality to disallow homes in certain worlds for certain users. To disallow setting a home in a certain world remove/negate the permission node homesweethome.home.set.<worldname>

Changes:

• [UX] Made help command easier to find. It can now be accessed via /home help and the home menu
  • [UX] Some buttons are now executed automatically, showing the command they execute as an hover instead. Unsafe commands, and commands that require further input do not execute automatically
  • [UX] Try to only inform user of invalid storage if it already existed
  • [UX] Use better command argument names
  • Internal cleanup

Bug fixes:

• Home names are validated further
  • Show home menu when user has no homes

Additions:

• Added functionality to disallow homes in certain worlds for certain users. To disallow setting a home in a certain world remove/negate the permission node homesweethome.home.set.<worldname>

Changes:

• [UX] Made help command easier to find. It can now be accessed via /home help and the home menu
  • [UX] Some buttons are now executed automatically, showing the command they execute as an hover instead. Unsafe commands, and commands that require further input do not execute automatically
  • Internal cleanup

Bug fixes:

Additions:

Changes:

• Internal cleanup

Bug fixes:

Additions:

Changes:

• Internal cleanup

Bug fixes:

• Quick fix for versioning problems

How do I change the resident limit?

For changing the global limit, check the config. For checking per user/group limit, set the permission option homesweethome.residentslimit. Check here for more info. Katrix / HomeSweetHome

help crash the server when loading here attached crash report

Sorry for first getting to you now. Seems like I broke compatibility somewhere. KatLib 2.4.0 works from my tests while 2.3.1 does not. Use that instead.

I am using LuckPerms and I was wondering, How do I give my default players access to /home? Im not sure what command to use to give my default players permission to use /home or to set homes.