How did your username come to be

My username was created from two rides at Cedar Point - the Millennium Force and the Magnum XL 200. I loved riding on those rides and decided to mix them together to make millenium200. I accidentally mispelled “Millennium” as “millenium”, but I feel like I’ll keep it as millenium200 even after the 1.8 name change comes out. Even though it’s mispelled, it’s still the name I’ve had :stuck_out_tongue:

I stole “Lolmen” from a friend of mine but because it was sometimes taken already I decided to throw a random W in there.
#truestory

I got mine from the comic AwesomeMan I just changed the wording to AwsomeMan back when I played cracked.
I bought an account. The name was already taken so I just but 12 in front and 34 behind.
And that’s where 12AwsomeMan34 came from.

Mine came from a portmanteau of my last and first names. (Jonathan Alfonso -> alfonso + jon -> alfonsojon). If I forget my password and can’t recover it, or for some reason alfonsojon is taken, I’ll use alfonsojon1997.

I’m pretty sure my username just popped into my head randomly one day. I liked it, so I started using it.

Get some popcorn,

So about 14 years ago my brother went to Denmark for 2 years. He learned the language loved the people. After the 2 years was up he came home for a few months before heading back off to go to school. In that amount of time I was introduced and wanted to play Runescape. This was the cutting edge man, runescape was stinkin 3d! So I asked my parents if I could play, and they said yes, but instructed my brother to help me set up my account. (They wanted to make sure everything was ok, that the game was kid-worthy.) So naturally having just returned from Denmark he came up with a name fairly easily. Kaeft or Jaw. My big brother had devised the most awesome online name ever! So I played runescape, but not long enough to remember exactly what or how my username was spelled.

Over time I needed to get onto forums and such with a name that was unique, so I reverted back to what my brother had come up with, except I had no idea how danish worked. Thus Keaft was born. Unique because it’s supposed to be danish. Unique because it’s misspelled.

Now hand me back that popcorn.

I was the main and only developer for my private server a long time ago. As we brought on a few helping hands, we ran into problems with merge conflicts and fast forwards. I ended up developing an overarching API so that each person could work on what they needed to without running into problems. I loved the style of putting interfaces to everything like Bukkit and have been designing code like that ever since.

My largest API centered work is DamageAPI, a complete overhaul of the Minecraft damage system to handle armor, enchantments, potions and everything by hand so that plugins can have access to the modified value of what will actually be dealt while being able to add and remove modifiers from the system. I used this for a FPS, MOBA, and RPG system with damage types, infos, and resolvers similar to Tracker from the Overcast Network. To top off the entire system, the Bukkit layer has an additional top level interface on top of it so that I can migrate the system to a forge mod, or now, Sponge!

1 Like

Well I like to chat, so that’s where the Chat part comes from. The Fawkes come from Guy Fawkes (one of the main conspirators of the Gunpowder Plot), but also because he has been associated with the group “Anonymous” and I also like to keep my identity anonymous.

Well I m a Whovian (Meaning I am a fan of Doctor Who) and since The_Doctor was taken I came up with The_Doctora_Life, I thought it was clever so I kept it.

I was interested in astrology at the time, my first name starts with M like my username, and 12 is my favorite number. I just pieced it together in 10 minutes in pure excitement of getting the game.

I was bored and I like how fire and ice blends together in graphics so I spent the next 5 days trying to come up with a cool name that fit

1 Like

Well mine is just my name backwards :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well back in the days before “using your real information in your usernames and passwords because its not safe” came out my username given from my parents was jacklin98. Then one day that email and all of the registered sites associated with that email address all got deleted (i dont know why). Then i just decided you know what Im going to do jacklin213
(Feb 13th ) dont ask me why its in that format, just the way it is. Its been my username since like forever and it will stay that way. (Gotta hunt down that person who stole my namespace on ebay)

My MC username is actually TheHandfish.

I Google’d “Obscure Animals,” and went to this link:

http://www.succeedsocially.com/coolanimals

Went down to #14, and viola!

…Well, I mean, “Handfish” was taken, so I had to go with “TheHandfish.”

ColonelHedgehog? I like hedgehogs, but, uh, “colonel” was kind of random.

It may have been because my little brother kept going on about “Chief Pat” in Clash of Clans, so that rank prefix sort of sunk into my head…

Back in the day when LIVE first launched. Every name I tried was taken so I eventually began randomly generating gamer tags. After about an hour I stopped with Abysmaleight. I felt the name fitting being that abysmal was how I felt and eight is my favorite number. I just wanted to play some Halo 2. :grin:

steals @keaft’s popcorn
Brace yourselves:

Back in high school me and 7 other friends from choir started an acapella group, named octavo, there being eight of us, and octavo meaning octave in Portuguese (my native language). The choir teacher didn’t like the idea of an extracurricular group competing alongside the audition only choir (which all 8 of us were in, actually) so he asked for a disband. I kept the old gmail I had created for the group to share music with as my personal email, and on an android forum (android central to be precise) someone started calling me octo because octavo was too long. I guess.
Junior year I did competitive swimming, and my 5’3 115lbs (1.6m 52kg) frame was the smallest and lightest on the team. One guy there didn’t particularly like me, and whenever he could would call me shrimpy as a way to put me down or insult me. Well, it stuck.
Soon after graduating I found out that anything 8 related symbolizes a rebirth of sorts, and with that in mind, I decided to emerge from the negative nicks in my past like a phoenix from ashes.
in the voice of the narrator for PowerPuff Girls
And thus octoshrimpy was born!

Who wants the popcorn?

2 Likes

Mmmm popcorn

I’ll be honest, I equal parts hate and enjoy my usename.

So a long time ago in a galaxy maybe not SK far away, my little brother had discovered runescape and wanted me to play. When it comes to naming things I’m not that creative, and having just seen star wars I decided on “hansolo” for my nick. Of course that was unavliable, however they did present alternative options and “hansolo669” was one. And ever since I have simply used “hansolo669” everywhere across the web… And quite frankly I’m ready for change, but the familiarity and history makes me stick with it.

Passes popcorn

My minecraft name is KingOfHunting
When I first started playing minecraft multiplayer, I used an account my friend borrowed me. I was really noob at that time and didn’t really know anything about minecraft. I started at a towny server, and found a small town where they teached me how to do everything. Then, I decided I wanted my own minecraft account, so I started thinking about a name. Since you’d get money by killing mobs, that was basically what I would do at the minecraft nights. Then I thought to my self, if I like doing this so much, and consider myself the defender of this town, why not go with “KingOfHunting”? So that’s what I did, created an account, bought the game, and started evolving to where I am today.

TLDR: I liked killing mobs a lot, so I chose KingOfHunting.

I have two nick on the net, Carméops and Sxaizo, Carméops is the one i use the most, but Sxaizo is actually my oldest one

Sxaizo: nothing particular, just my birthday converted in letters with an odd conversion rule

Carméops: it’s a bit more peculiar, ten years ago, i was playing dungeon and dragon overnight at a friend’s place, using Sxaizo for my character sheet, but for a campaign, we had to make an alternative character totally different from our usual one, i couldn’t find a good name for it

long story short: i got drunk that night and hurt my head, when i woke up the next day, there was the name “Carméops” on my second character sheet, with my hand writing, so i suppose i came up with it somehow, liked it, kept it

Mine is a well known morse code.

Wonder how @sk89q came up with his?