How many mods do you have

@thomas15v @The_Doctors_Life

lolwut? As @DotDash already said, there are many definitions for the word, one of which is a generalization for cheating. Do not try to focus on asinine wordplay to change the conversation from the fact that you’re purposefully putting yourself in an advantageous spot over other players.

1 Like

This is a Slippery Slope Fallacy. You cannot justify your negative actions by saying that other people could just as easily be purporting them.

Would you justify yourself for murdering someone by saying that other people murder people? Or theft, because other people steal? Or cheating, because other people may be cheating?

This conversation is starting to become ignorant. I’m literally surprised you attempt to justify cheating because of the easy means in which it is accomplished.

EDIT: This post is in response to a post that has been withdrawn.

2 Likes

Well I am mostly admin/mod on servers I play on. And if not, I mostly don’t use my mod. Also note that I only have a version for 1.4.7 and 1.6.4 (much broke). Why so worried :stuck_out_tongue: ? Their are much worse hacks/cheat than a stupid notification mod.

Your attempts to justify openly cheating are getting even sadder.

4 Likes

On the server that I used to own I found that using mods that would typically be considered hacky / cheaty helped with the general administration a good deal. So I can at least understand that. There is always going to be disputes over what mods offer unfair advantages, one could argue that optifine is unfair due to the fact that you would have a much higher FPS than others. I have heard the minimap debate half a million times and this seems really no different. My stance is normally that they should not be used but I have never been extremely passionate about banning people who possibly do.

1 Like

My only argument against this is that this also means you should ban people with above average graphics cards. Some people require optifine to play at anything more than 10fps given the way that Minecraft renders graphics. And you could argue that the average fps is around 60-90 for players without optifine, in which case there’s only so much that Optifine does to increase FPS that is even noticeable.

Why would you need a package manager to play Minecraft…?

So far I know the server and its people wouldn’t even notice it. All they will see is that I without even “noticing” them. Will teleport to home if I feel in danger. It would look that I am the luckiest player of the server. Also they can’t report me for pvp logging because they haven’t hit me :trollface: (and mostly of the case they haven’t even seen me).

And thats indeed what I use my mod the most for. Basicly I teleport to people. I know who’s around me what can be made difficult with some mods (mmspowersuits). And I also know if their is a fight going on.
If I fly around the server. I can detect bases been if I scan on cobblestone/chests. It will warn me and than I can just to “.ctp 1” to teleport (ofc I need /tppos perms for that) to it. Figures out who owns the place. Check if it is protected. In case not make a town set him to major, add some funds and carry on lol. Can we go ontopic again? Its clear that you don’t agree that admins use cheats to administrate servers. But that doesn’t has to count for everyone.

??? Do I?

Shaders + chocolaty

Whoops. I mean this :stuck_out_tongue:.

I rather meant openly admitting to cheating. Why the hell are you taking pride in that?

I rather like the golden mid-way. The reason I made that mod in 1.4.7 was because some people where using hacks and all kinda bots to slaughter people (including me). My faction was raided 9 times in 2 weeks. And we couldn’t fight back because they were insta killing us. ForceFields, xray, autoaim and other shit. I wanted a way to protect myself (and my faction) against these players. I understand that this mod may be unfair for players that play without hacks. But at that point we where more concern about surviving on that server… . Months later I made my own server and just kept using that mod as an administration tool … . Does that make me an unfair player now?

Seems to me as though the problem lied with the server owner not properly moderating/protecting his legitimate players. Although, dealing with a constant ambush of cheaters is definitely enough to garner you a bit of sympathy.

The fact of the matter is, however, that you do not fight back by lowering yourself to their level. If you reported the cheaters, and the server owner refused to take action or put the proper protections in place, then you find another server. It’s not the answer you’re looking for, and certainly not fair, but cheating begets cheating.

As far as cheating on your own server, I would again insist that cheating begets cheating. You can’t expect your players to follow the rules if you - yourself - break them. But I’m not going to keep this conversation going any longer, I’ve made my point.

My sympathies to you for dealing with a group of assholes. Don’t become one.

3 Likes

Yes, it does. Cheat because others do it is a stupid reason, if everybody thought that way,… Why didn’t you just make a video to show that your enemies were using cheats? Or call an Admin to watch some of your fights?

1 Like

Did you necro this thread just to copy my post? O_o

2 Likes

Thanks for spotting that. I have a feeling this poster may be a bot. An evil necro-bot…

3 Likes