How to disable The_End and The_Nether?

Okay. So I’ve had my server for a while now. I use SpongeForge and Nucleus to generate new worlds. I have a world to Spawn and a world to Survival. Today, for the first time, I managed to get an error message in the console after removing a mod from my server. So I removed my default world (Spawn) and everything went well again. However, in the “world” directory, there are two other files called “DIM1” “DIM-1”. How do I remove these so there aren’t re-generating new ones after I start the server. I know this is The_End and The_Nether. And if I delete these world do I have to go into the config file for Sponge and remove the worlds there aswell?

Kind Regards,
Daniel (COLDYY1)

You can disable the worlds in the world-specific config file.

The config for DIM-1 and DIM1 is
config/sponge/worlds/minecraft/nether/DIM-1/world.conf and
config/sponge/worlds/minecraft/the_end/DIM1/world.conf

Under the sponge section, make sure config-enabled is set to true so sponge will read the settings.

then under the world section, set world-enabled to false

Sponge should no longer register and load these worlds.

1 Like

Thank you very much. Have a nice day ! : D

Kind Regards,
Daniel (COLDYY1)

Oh. I forgot. When I was in config / sponge / worlds / minecraft / overworld / I also found a world called “Islands” As far as I know, the default world is the world: “world” if nothing else. I had like “Islands” and “World”. In the same overworld config ?

Kind Regards,
Daniel (COLDYY1)

You probably had the another world called Islands at some point. It may have been the name of the world in server.properties but the default world name is “world”.

So I also found this worlds called: “dimension.conf” They’re can be found inside each world specific dir. What are these. Can they also be disabled or are they just there but doesn’t do anything to the gameplay?

Kind Regards,
Daniel (COLDYY1)

There is a hierarchy of config files that corresponds to the hierarchy of world definitions.
Sponge makes a distinction between a “dimension” and a “world”
A dimension is a type of world (e.g. overworld, nether) whereas a world is a particular instance of that dimension.
In vanilla, you have one world per dimension i.e:

dimension:"overworld"
    -> world:"world"
dimension:"nether"
    -> world:"DIM-1"
dimension:"the_end"
    -> world:"DIM1"

However you may want to have multiple worlds of the same dimension, or have a plugin/mod that adds a new dimension.

The dimension.conf controls the configuration for that dimension, whereas a world.conf controls the config for that particular world instance.

Note that configs only take effect when config-enabled is true, by default they are false, meaning the default config is used (global.conf).