How will YOU contribute?

Propably making Plugins, testing the SpongeServer and reporting.^^

Not sure…
I don’t know much, if anything about java.
And I’m far too shy/nervous to get super involved on a forum with so may big faces like this place. ._.

However I can help with bug reports if that’s worth anything : p

At this moment, by constantly offering “constructive criticism” (some would probably call it nagging though).

Later on? Remains to be determined.

I’ll do anything I can. I’m a graphic designer and digital artist; if any modders need logos, or any groups of developers are making a new game that they need digital artwork for, I’m a 52-year-old artist with an amazing portfolio and I can do anything you like.
I have admired all of you for so long; your voluntary work and the amount you must be learning through being passionate about this technology. I’m amazed! From the very first day my son asked me to mod his client, I fell in love with the modding community; I see the future in its sharing nature, and it’s a good one. That’s why I’m so GUTTED at what I see happening now.
So, enough soapbox; if you need copyright discussions; if you need artwork; if you need ideas or logos or anything written well or edited, call on me. I wish I could do coding! Sorry. I guess it’s too late for me to learn. I envy you guys!

3 Likes

I maybe do some Turkish tutorials on plugin making

You can contribute now:
http://issues.spongepowered.org/youtrack/issue/SPONGE-24

Thanks Dragonfire. Yea, saw that one and I will; I had to ask them tho when they want it by, cos no point making one to submit if it’s too late to submit it; can’t see a ‘submit by’ date. I’ll certainly get onto that, will be fun!
Cheers

I am not sure if anybody will answer at your post, because your post was against the thread rules …
In my view: commit an idea (image), otherwise you are out.

What? That’s rude!
Consider me out!

Don’t leave plz :frowning:

yeahhh. You and me, bringing Sponge to YouTube

I will definitely support the development of the platform as a whole, I have a lot of experience in both Java itself and the forge platform so I think I could be use in coding, hopefully I can find a way to contribute to the code without adding to the mass chaos that exists with PRs right now. I can also help with plugin porting if needed.

Good queation. If project will turn out good, I’d like to donate some $$ to keep it running.
Keeping the forums clean and maybe some coding.

Oh no sorry I did not mean totally leave, I mean I won’t submit a sponge logo concept. I think it’s fine to ask when they want it by; I mean, they might already have too many. I"ve got work to do; no point doing one now if they’ve got what they like already, or if there’s only one day to go.
But being told I’ve done something illegal; well that’s a bit rude. It was a simple question.
No way will I leave, I’m here to help.

Also, can anyone get for me a copy of the terms of agreement that was set up for modders to agree to for producing mods? I want to assess the legality of it.
For one thing, if any of you were under 18 at time of agreeing to this (in 2011 was it?), it’s invalid, totally. You could then sue Microsoft if they use your ideas.
But there are many other aspects to terms of agreement that nullify them. I’d like to see where you guys stand if the worst happens and Microsoft begins to steal. For one thing, it seems already that although you agreed not to sell the mods, you certainly could use your ideas to turn them into your own game platform; I doubt there’s anything to prevent that. But I’d like to see it. Most terms of agreement have to be very clear; if they are a wall of text, they are again invalid. Hope someone can PM me that.

@Sickmind33 was just referring to the rules on that thread. You can of course make a new thread to ask when they want the logo by, but I think they’ll be accepting them until they’ve found one they like the most.

Those are the rules by @sk89q on this thread: Submit your logo design

Also on that thread, sk89 comments saying to make new forums with other questions:

i just got started recently in the MC world due to my 7 year old son’s interest. setup some vanilla, FTB, tekkit and pixelmon multiplayers for him and a few friends and was just getting my feet wet with bukkit when all hell broke loose.
been a sysadmin, linux guru and tech adventurer for some 25 years and would love to contribute in any way i can, whatever is needed (can’t code, but good at debugging) - forum mod, server admin, tech support - just ask and i’ll do my best to help.

Im learning Java to be prepared to learn to make Sponge plugins (lol) .

1 Like

I plan on just being Erotic.

I plan on hanging around the forums helping out those who need it and inserting my opinion here and there. I may end up hanging out in IRC a lot too.