HuskyCrates - The best, most popular, and most feature-complete crate plugin for Sponge servers!

Can you allow the plugin to give offline players virtual keys?

Example of issue:
Someone votes and is not online and the commands are executed, they do not get their keys.

Allow the plugin to give offline players virtual keys.

Ah yeah, that sounds like a bug. Iā€™ll be addressing this, no worries

dude love the plug in, but when setting this up you need to make the permissions easier to find on your documentations as well as adding the dependancy for husky ui to your home page, again love the plug in but there was serious reserch in setting this up just to follow your tutorial, i ended up having to verbose the commands to get the perms i needed for lucky perms, again wonderful plug in

Major Update Announcement

After reading a few sad messages in the support chat and feeling quite ashamed of myself for a few moments, Iā€™m announcing yet another rewrite of HuskyCrates. Now, hereā€™s a few reasons for this.

Why a rewrite NOW? 2.0 isnā€™t even done.

Hereā€™s the short and simple answer: 2.0 was designed with me under the impression that major breaking changes were pretty much over for the Sponge project. Now, we have API 8 coming and all kinds of stuff. Plus, Iā€™d like to get this plugin working on Spigot so I can sell it there and maybe make the project profitable. Yā€™know, capitalism, lol.

Is HuskyCrates remaining open-source?

Yes, all Sponge servers will be able to remain using HuskyCrates for free, including new versions based on the 3.0 codebase.

Will configs change between 2.0 and 3.0?

No, all core features will remain the same and hardly anything should need any adjustments. Iā€™ll be designing a new configuration tool (per @BlackSniper#9635 suggestion) that will also handle conversion if thatā€™s necessary. Rest assured that I care about your sanity and, well, precious time.

What about documentation?

This rewrite will allow me to fully review the codebase. Iā€™ll be better documenting the code this time around to make it easier for third parties to hook in, as well as devote time into improving the plugins user-facing documentation as well.

Soā€¦ For real, why another rewrite?

For one, tech debt. Also, I just want to make the plugin as platform agnostic as possible. If all I have to do for new versions of Sponge or any upcoming minecraft server api is write a little translation layer in 20-30 mins, that would be much better than multiple days of downtime. Plus, legacy support would be much easier to achieve.

When?

Iā€™m starting tomorrow after I finish some work. I write software for The Archon now so I do this for realsies for a company. Gotta make cash before I can have my fun.

Are you actually gonna finish all the features 2.0 was gonna have in 3.0 this time?

Yes I swear I will :slight_smile:
But in all seriousness - yes I do intend on actually finishing a lot of the things I wanted to do in this rewrite. Itā€™d be a waste trying to cram that into the messy codebase that already exists.

ok idiot I have a question you didnā€™t answer

Please leave it in #general on the Support Discord and ping me. Iā€™ll get back to you asap.

I FIND A ERROR!!!

if you open the chest to see what it contains if you press CTRL and click on the items you can pick them up without a key or anything

I need a solution to this help!!!