IGNORE: Configurate ..no implementation ; unable to create injector

[01:09:32] [Server thread/ERROR]: Encountered an unexpected exception
com.google.inject.CreationException: Unable to create injector, see the following errors:

1) No implementation for ninja.leaping.configurate.loader.ConfigurationLoader<ninja.leaping.configurate.commented.CommentedConfigurationNode
> was bound.
  while locating ninja.leaping.configurate.loader.ConfigurationLoader<ninja.leaping.configurate.commented.CommentedConfigurationNode>
    for field at com.prennet.boomod.serverprivacygate.boosserverprivacygate.BoosServerPrivacyGate.loader(BoosServerPrivacyGate.java:28)
  at org.spongepowered.common.guice.SpongePluginGuiceModule.configure(SpongePluginGuiceModule.java:63)

1 error
        at com.google.inject.internal.Errors.throwCreationExceptionIfErrorsExist(Errors.java:466) ~[sponge-1.8-1519-2.1DEV-707.jar:1.8-1519-

… Dev1519-707 Server, Using Shaded API-jar file spongeapi-2.1-20151012.175656-59-shaded Forge 1519.

This is my first time trying the Configuration system, so I have no working baseline for comparison - is this error due to something missing that a maven setup would normally include, that the shaded jar api doesn’t? Or am I using an incorrect import of something?

How are you running the server?

Actually, first make sure you’ve read over https://docs.spongepowered.org/en/plugin/configuration/index.html - If you want to get a reference to your plugin’s config, you have to tell the loader specifically with the @DefaultConfig annotation as well.

Yeah, I had that - was actually using the help page as a walkthru, as well as looking at a couple different githubs of other plugins. After a while, I fiddled some more with it over and over and tried again, and it just disappeared, but was too tired to realize what had actually changed cause everything looks the same still.

I know this post is very old… but I started just now with Sponge! I had the same error, it’s simply a wrong placed “@Injection”.