Independent world difficulty

I’ve tried to find any way to do this, but it appears that due the way Sponge works in this regard, it is not possible to permanently change world difficulties in a multiword environment.

One can certainly change a worlds difficulty, but upon restart all worlds are reverted to the server.properties values as default.

This behavior appears to be related to this Difficulty mode changes without prompting · Issue #568 · SpongePowered/SpongeForge · GitHub open issue.

I’m just wondering if anyone has any input on this.
Is there a way to do this that I’m missing ? are there any plugins that support this ?

received reports in Project Worlds but haven’t looked into yet.

Just an FYI, the same thing happens if /nucleus:world setdifficulty is used. There is no saved setting other than server.properties.

Must be a Sponge bug. It should stay. It used too

I’m interested in how this is supposed to work. When your plug sets that information, where is that setting saved so it can be recalled on the next server start?

Haven’t looked but my assumption would be the worlds level.dat file

I looked at it a bit.

the level.dat is reverted to the sever.properties value at server start up. If you look at it after the server is stopped it still has the new value

just FYI. sponge seems to be doing something it shouldn’t be.

Don’t take my word for it though, you are more fluent in this stuff than I.

So , is this a thing no one cares about? I’m only asking because I’m really trying to move my server over to sponge but if i’m unable to do what I can already easily do with spigot that may not be practical.