Inferno [v1.3.0] - Powerful Minigame Engine

Hey Sponge, you might know me as an ex-author of Pore. I’ve been away from the forums community for a while, but I thought I’d publish one of my newer projects here now that I feel it’s mature enough for general use. So without further ado, introducing Inferno!

What is Inferno?

Inferno is the official Sponge implementation of Flint, a platform-agnostic minigame engine. It handles/assists with common tasks including but not limited to:

• Arena configuration
  • Arena boundaries
  • Arena spawn points
  • Round timing and lifecycle management
  • Player teleportation and management
  • Team management
  • Metadata for library objects
  • Metadata serialization to disk
  • Fully managed and automated lobby signs

In short, Inferno’s job is to make your life a lot easier when creating minigames by handling all the dry, repetitive stuff so you can focus on the more creative aspects of the development process.

What Is Flint?

Flint is the API that Inferno implements. To create a plugin using the engine, you build your code off of Flint, and install Inferno on the server when running it.

How Do I Use It?

Check out the Flint tutorial! It contains all the essential information for getting started with the library. And of course, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Maven repository: http://repo.caseif.net/content/groups/public/
Latest Inferno artifact: net.caseif.flint.inferno:inferno:1.3.0

What Software Does This Support?

As of version 1.3.0, Inferno supports builds of SpongeVanilla 5.1.0. SpongeForge is not supported due to minor platform bugs and implementation differences, although I would like to work on getting support added as soon as I have a chance to.

Links

Latest Release
Latest Bleeding-Edge Build

Footnote

Major thanks to @jamierocks for helping to implement this library on Sponge. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This looks pretty cool.

1 Like

Good job on this! It looks really nice and well put together!

1 Like

Rather unique, would love to see some minigames come out of this. Spleef for example. nice job.

1 Like

Actually it’s funny you mention that, as I wrote a small spleef plugin as a sort of tech demo for the engine. Unfortunately, since it’s mostly just for testing, it’s a little rough around the edges and feature-sparse.

amazing! If i had the slightest idea what i was doing I’d be testing out that spleef plugin. xD currently in the process of building a spleef arena for one of my servers for christmas.

but if you plan on actually creating some minigames with your plugins. I’d def love to get a spleef setup! (: <3 Good work mate.

I’ve been super-busy lately with finals coming up, but I might try to get a couple minigames out once the holidays are over. I’ll probably keep this space updated if I do. :slight_smile: