Intellij Minecraft Plugin how to import net.minecraft

Hello! Sorry if this is a noob question but I can’t find any resources that explain how to fix this.

I’m using the Minecraft plugin for Intelij that sets up spongepowered for you. I’m not sure how to set up import net.minecraft statement to work properly. I have the statement:
import net.minecraft.entity.player.EntityPlayerMP
but I get the error ‘cannot resolve symbol ‘net’’.

My build.gradle looks like this:
plugins {
id ‘org.spongepowered.plugin’ version ‘0.9.0’
}

group = ‘com.gmail.mathewcferry’
version = ‘Test_Version’

sourceCompatibility = ‘1.8’
targetCompatibility = ‘1.8’

dependencies {
compileOnly ‘org.spongepowered:spongeapi:7.3.0’
annotationProcessor ‘org.spongepowered:spongeapi:7.3.0’
compile files(‘libs/Pixelmon-1.12.2-8.1.0-universal.jar’)
}

sponge.plugin.id = ‘jetspoketools’

That’s what the tutorial said to add, and I followed all other direction on there. What else do I have to do to get the imports to work?

pixelmon has function called getPlayer() that returns an object of EntityPlayerMP. I cannot resolve the source of the EntityPlayerMP, and I can’t use the function getPlayer() becase it returns the error: class file for net.minecraft.command.CommandBase not found. I’m at a loss for what to do in this case.

If you are making a sponge plug-in, by default it does not have access to any net.minecraft classes, If you want to access these classes you should be making a sponge forge mod plugin instead.

Ah, thank you. All I had to do was go to file -> new -> project -> Minecraft (having downloaded the custom addon) -> check box select Sponge and Forge. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!