IP Forwarding plugin for Modded Servers

Well I should say that this bungee plugin should be very useful… Thanks for your work. The Waterfall pull request from your code:

1 Like

You’re very welcome.

@dualspiral work with latest sponge , forge, and bungee version ?^^
Thanks !

Try it! I have no idea, if it needs fixing, I’ll fix it.

1 Like

Okay i have already SpongePls so i test this plugin and if it doesnt work i try use your plugin ^^
(I think i test even if sponegpls work to test both : 3 )

Will be possible create small serverside mod, which add bungeecord and ip forwarding support to pure forge server?

I suggest you to use Waterfall instead of bungeecord, as bungee is not in active development. Waterfall also has ip forwarding support to pure forge server.

You’ve completely misuderstood what he’s asked for.

No it doesn’t, or rather, Forge needs to support Waterfall or Bungee. That’s why he’s asking for a Forge mod to enable the IP forwarding. He’s not asking for Bungee changes.

Bungee IS in active development, Waterfall is a fork that just happens to be more active, and tries to do more cutting edge stuff. Please don’t misrepresent the situation.

1 Like

I assume you’re asking because you want to have a 1.9 server on your network?

In theory, yes, but I’m not really caught up with ASM and core mod stuff, which is what would be needed.

yes, I would like connect 1.9 forgeserver to network

Using Waterfall Build #13 and spongeforge-1.9.4-1954-5.0.0-BETA-1429 everything works normally. When using spongeforge-1.9.4-1954-5.0.0-BETA-1435 through spongeforge-1.9.4-1954-5.0.0-BETA-1444 (most current version) the client displays the “Logging in…” message but never leaves that screen.

Waterfall and the Minecraft server both show in the logs all the normal connection entries as if everything is working normally. Deleting the world folder and reloading the Minecraft server still results in the same message.

Logging into the Minecraft server without using Waterfall (reverting the offline/ipforwarding/bungeecord settings to defaults) works normally. Once a user has done this putting the server back under Waterfall works normally until the client is restarted. A user that is stuck on the “Logging in…” message appears in the world and can even be moved around with the /tp command.

I can file an issue on GitHub and do more testing if you like. If this needs to be sent in as a Sponge bug any insight on what is happening would be appreciated for when I open the issue.

Thanks for the great plugin!

If you are using Waterfall, you do not need to use this plugin at all. Remove it!

The question is better directed at the Waterfall guys, not me.

2 Likes

Thanks! I had kept using your plugin out of habit when I switched to Waterfall. Should have realized it wasn’t needed. :blush:

1 Like

So i am trying to understand how this all works. Do you have to have a spigot server with bungeecord as a hub to send to your sponge forge servers?

No, you just need this plugin installed on Bungee and the Bungee module enabled on Sponge. No Spigot server is needed.

Alternatively, just use Waterfall, it includes the code in this plugin so that might be easier.

1 Like

Then how do you set up bungee on a spongeforge server?

https://docs.spongepowered.org/master/en-GB/server/getting-started/bungeecord.html

1 Like

Getting the same issue as you, did you get it fixed?

Update to the latest version of SpongeForge. I also stopped using this plugin since I’m using Waterfall.

I tried using Waterfall but it has no 1.10 support yet :confused:

Edit: I was using the Waterfall link on the Aquifer site which led to the 1.9 version after checking their news they had a 1.10 version, i’ll give that a shot