Is Sponge ready yet? - Progress tracker site

I’ve recently created “Is Sponge ready yet?”:
It keeps track of what is and isn’t implemented, and if Sponge is ready for production.

https://oliverdunk.com/IsSpongeReadyYet/

Let me know if you have any feedback, or if you’ve got a suggestion for something I should change.

16 Likes

I was totally expecting a mediocre site when clicking that link.

I was pleasantly surprised.

Really good job :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks, appreciate it :slight_smile:

Same, Nice job ^^

You could try giving <div class="about"> the same height as <div class="feature"> by expanding the paragraphs box a bit to the bottom. This might look better.

This ^ otherwise super nicely done. Simple and effective.

1 Like

I’m not feeling it @Tzk, what do you think?

I agree, looks weird.

This is really nice! I like the links to the docs and the helpful, but not too lengthy, descriptions!

1 Like

I’ve just launched a new version of the site.
You can view it here: https://oliverdunk.com/IsSpongeReadyYet/

Here are the most notable changes, based on your feedback:

• Changed the ‘A’ and ‘I’ icons to ‘API’ and ‘IMPL’ to make their definition more obvious.
  • Added green, orange and red colours to make the status of each feature clearer.
  • Added the Client Side APIs as a new section.
  • Improved layout based on help from @Tzk.
  • Fixed grammar (you know why @kenzierocks)
1 Like

Just added a new two-column layout for desktop screens, which is at the normal URL:
https://oliverdunk.com/IsSpongeReadyYet/

1 Like

4 Likes

So I came upon this post by accident and thought I might check out your site. I was very impressed.
As Gravity fox said:

Later I got bored and thought I might toy around with the design in Muse and I opened it in Webstorm after so i could try and reformat the best I could given the excess output from Muse. Here’s what I came up with:

The ‘Runnable Server Jar’ and the ‘Plugin Support’ items are collapsable accordion tabs (vertical tabs)

It’s not perfect but I think you might like the sample design. If you like it, heres all the files I have relating to it they’re on my One Drive here.

Hi @TechnicalDarkness,

Just wanted to say that I’m really touched by the fact that you’ve made something based on what I’ve done, I think it’s really cool. I think I’ll stick with my design for now just because I’m more used to it and I’d prefer to use my own work, but once again I really appreciate what you’ve done.

Keep it up! <3

4 Likes

By all means use your design, I admire your desire to use your own work instead of someone else’s.
I just was playing with your concept and thought I might show you :smile:
Besides, from one Web Developer to another: You’re awesome @olivervscreeper
Not everyone can come up with something like yours, most people would rather derive it off others and claim it as their own :yum:

you forgot The Inventory I think…

It’s there? left column, 2nd row… :slight_smile:

:heart_eyes: This is fantastic, the content for the site is really well-done. I could feel my heart jump when I saw the page adapt to a single-column layout for mobile devices. I’m seriously considering stealing something this for the actual Sponge site, if you don’t mind.

The design reminds me a lot of the ratings that Metacritic gives: metacritic

Here’s a few minor comments or ideas:

• White ‘API’ and ‘IMPL’ text on red background don’t provide much contrast and are a bit hard to read. I tried out dark grey (#333) here one on of them:
    black on one
    The aesthetic value might have diminished, but I think it’s much easier to read.
  • Add a favicon! I think mini spongie (mini spongie ) like with the forums is perfect, I can provide you the asset if you wish.
  • I really like the colored box idea, but I don’t think it’s very intuitive as is. The primary state of the box (the color) describes something different from the written text. I think something like this would also be easier to digest:
    state in box too.
    You could pair this with a legend up top that describes the meaning of letters to make everything more clear (D = Done, IP = In Progress, etc.):
    legend

Anyways, still a great site. I’m sure there’s always things to improve, regardless of how amazing it is

4 Likes

Thanks, Next time I catch you on IRC we can talk a little more regarding assets etc.