Item trader

I’ve looked through every plugin here but couldn’t find one that fits the trading system I’m looking for. Simply put, the idea is to have a sign tell you the required items you need (e.g. 4x raw fish, 2x cooked beef) and if you have the requirements it will take the items away from you and give you a reward in return, may it be in-game cash or items. Anyone who could make this would be a great help :grinning:

Sounds like you want a shop plugin that supports selling.

For infinite, admin-defined shops,

or

For finite, player-defined shops,

I’ve checked all of those and they just didn’t have the feature I wanted. I wasn’t looking for a server shop type of thing that does “currency to item” or “item to currency” exchange, but rather something like an “item to item” or “item to command” exchange. In a way, it can be categorized as trading.

The problem with that is that it just gets too complex, for the same reason that we have currencies in the real world instead of a bartering system. There’ll be all sorts of fights about what the going rate for anything is, and players will make their own currency - probably gold, and most shops will be either trading it or trading for it. It sounds like what you really want is an inventory-backed economy; i.e. there is no direct bank account, but instead the inventory is the account, and items are the currency.

1 Like

In that type of context, yeah you’re right. Though I plan to use this for more specific reasons other than opening shops/trade centers. In a way I guess it can be called a “Bring-Me” system since I’ll use it to trade all of the pixelmon badges people get from defeating our custom npc gyms and give them a reward in return. But of course it won’t be used solely for this purpose. If in case this gets implemented people can get creative with it; they can make quests events where people have to bring in a certain list of items in exchange for a reward or perk - which is what I also had in mind when making this request.

It should work like this:

1. Checks player’s inventory if ALL items listed are present
  2. If all present - takes them all and gives out stated reward
    If not complete - doesn’t take the items and tell them they don’t meet requirements