Javaman Backups - Locally backup your server!

Javaman Backups

I am making a backup plugin that will locally backup your world or server files (configurable) every x minutes (configurable). It will save them in a new folder called, “Backups”. Please excuse me if this takes a couple weeks, as I am not at all good with the java time classes. Tell me if you need anything or just leave general support!

TheNewJavaman/GStuff

Have fun!

Check out my other plugin: Home Set Home!

@poiihy This is my thread for it, just if you want to check it out.

There should be the options to change the interval and the backup location, and also it would be good if you can backup all the server files, not only the world.
A world backup every 30 minutes will consume insane amounts of space in no time. Different servers need different intervals. Small servers (like mine) only need backups every 24 hours or so (though sometimes I skip backups because nobody was on). Though, I assume these would be added in the future, right?

I can program it right now. I’ll have to learn a bit about config files for plugins, but I can definately do it. Also, I am posting another plugin called Home Set Home, so feel free to check that out.

I am going to use JSON files instead of what I was trying to create with java.io.File, because I need to move over some code to save space and make it easier for server admin to change settings in config. However, I need to learn some JSON code first, so that may take quite a while.

Sorry for the revive on this topic but is it still being worked on really could use something like this since it looks like b2mc isnt working

I would also still like to be able to back up it to a cloud storage automatically

I’d be down for that. I’ve done some work with PHP and other cool languages so maybe I can write a cloud storage mechanism as well. I’ll look into it. :smiley:

pls I really could use this

I will help with testing if you can work on it this weekend

Sorry, but I can’t do much programming this weekend or next, but I can during the rest of the week. Gonna be enjoying my summer vacation! :D. Just a disclaimer: I’m quite young, more than you think, although I program at least 10 hours a week.

as long as I can get a backup to a cloud service like google drive mega.nz or dropbox im good

Hey,
I believe it would also be nice if you could send a configurable message every time it backs-up, just to know when your world actually backs-up.

Thank you! :slight_smile: