KraftRPG Official Thread

Most definitely.

Speaking of Archers, I even wrote some handy “Imbuing” skills like an ArrowSkill that applies a ProjectileShotEffect to do anything from giving the archer a speed boost after shooting, to striking lightning wherever the shot arrow lands.

Mind you the API is still written for Bukkit pending the Sponge API release, but for the most part, the API will not change all too drastically.

In regards to setting up the Archer class to prevent equipping Diamond Armor, that’s something easily done with the role.yml Granted, this is likely to change to HOCON when Sponge API is released (since Sponge is not looking to use YAML but a different file type configuration system).

And if you don’t like writing configuration files, you can always do it programmatically :slight_smile: Adding a role (or swapping) is as easy as pie.

Excellent! I’m excited to hear it. I am really hoping for a pretty inclusive and customizable RPG experience and it sounds like your project is the best. My Java knowledge probably won’t be of any use to you except having a user willing to test the project as soon as it goes live and provide somewhat meaningful feedback and bug reporting.

Other features I would like to see (not sure if they exist already or not either, lol) is some kind of monster interaction. Changing health, damage, and (advanced) maybe even behavior would be really cool. Otherwise the RPG aspect becomes mostly PVP focused as the monsters are pretty easy.

Thanks for your work and speedy reply.

Monsters are fully programmable in KraftRPG. Changing health benefits is a simple method call away, even to the extent of being able to create a Monster that can cast skills is possible ;). Currently, it’s supported to add custom entities such that KraftRPG will know how to handle them automagically when a customized skill caster is told to execute a skill with some custom arguments from you, the developer. I was considering adding hooks to handle customizing Mob AI, however, I decided against it a few months ago when it seemed out of scope of the RPG plugin itself. Eventually, I’ll be working on creating some library to partially customize some Entity AI and allow them to be “smarter” in some senses, however, I don’t know exactly when that will happen.

I’ll write an example ArrowSkill in a bit while I have some free time.

Fantastic! That’s truly exciting. I was going to ask about monsters casting skills but figured it would be too far out of reach. I’m way more hyped for sponge to drop now!

Here it is. An example skill that the caster (normally a player) shoots an arrow and teleports the player to the landed location.

Note: @PastorOfPwn, the skills and plugin are not in a testing state yet since I refactored a bit of the plugin and haven’t had the chance to debug and get it working on the latest CB again. I should have that sooner than later.

I didn’t realize I never had any teleporting methods in the API, so I added that in while writing the skill :wink:

Hi,
I’ve been following this project quite closely, I’m eager to try it out, I’m quite interested about the “modular skills that can be designed with ease”, I’m wondering how this is going to be done, are you going to make a dynamic skill editor like the one SkillAPI proposes ? (it’s the most user friendly skill creating and customizing tool out there, imo).

Also, a few questions on expandability, and some of these might be a little noob because I’m no expert with plugin compatibility.

If i’m going to make KraftRPG my go to plugin for RPG character development, I want to be sure that it’s compatible with most plugins of my “RPG suite”. Right now, that would be MythicMobs and ItemLoreStats, both are invaluable plugins to add to a server for a true RPG feel, and they are compatible with each other.

Both those plugins worked very well with HeroesRPG (which I know you worked on), but weren’t very compatible with other skill and magic plugin. Heroes was a pain in the ass to work with if you weren’t part of the HC community, there was little documentation, it was mostly outdated, and creating skills was developer-friendly, not user friendly, which left all us java noobies with either mostly broken outdated skillsets made by people outside HC’s dev staff, it was great to have them, but unfortunately they were mostly unreliable.

I’d like to know if we can expect the same compatibility Heroes had with MythicMobs and ILS?

I’d also like to offer my services in doing documentation for KraftRPG, if you need someone to write up basic commands, small tutorials, or even more indepth docu about fine-tuning it, I’d be glad to help out(but i’ll need the plugin, and well…sponge to be out before I can do that.)

Thanks for reading,
Bab

While KraftRPG is intended to be simply modular, I have yet to write a GUI application to create skills like SkillAPI did. I did make KraftRPG able to load and dynamically register external skills through plugins (though this was initially written in Bukkit, so some changes are being made to port KraftRPG over to Sponge). It is planned for there to be a skill creation application, though, “classes” are only controlled via

While I know that both plugins are on Bukkit, I’m not sure about them being ported to Sponge. I haven’t been able to contact their authors about possible compatibility (I wanted to be able to say that KraftRPG was working first before requesting plugin compatibility). That being said, KraftRPG is built to be extended/modified/enhanced to house compatibility layers such that plugins like MythicMobs and ItemLoreStats can work (I would likely submit a compatibility patch to the developers or release an external plugin to create compatibility that could be found on KraftRPG’s plugin page).

Again, Skill creation via application is intended for the future, however, when KraftRPG is in a more “stable” state, I do intend on releasing a small video series on how to work with it so that java noobies can even write some interesting skills. Documentation is something that I do prefer having most of, and so far, most of the written (non-javadoc) documentation is located on my [forums][1] .

There will likely be a release of KraftRPG shortly after Sponge has a release (I can’t make promises, but it’s likely that it’s doable considering the work I’ve put in to the plugin).

Definitely! If anything, I’m always welcoming people to join and help plugin development, even documentation is part of development ;).
[1]: https://afterkraft.com/forum/forums/kraftrpg/

After a long wait, KraftRPG-API is finally fully ported to use SpongeAPI. The implementation will be coming very soon.

So far, the implementation does not compile, however, the first order of business is to clean up the implementation and simply achieve compilation and testability.

3 Likes

I would be happy to test it. :smile:

1 Like

Any news about development? :wink: