Without there being a suitable replacement for DBO, I’m starting an official thread here for KraftRPG until there is an official replacement.
KraftRPG never made it to release on Bukkit, but the API is easily modifiable to port it to most any ServerModAPI (in this case, Sponge), so, as soon as Sponge is in a more developed stage, early builds of KraftRPG will be made available for testing.
KraftRPG is in the transition to being implemented on SpongeAPI. Several modifications were necessary to support the transition that warranted a cease on development to support the now deprecated Bukkit API.
###KraftRPG will attempt to have the following features either on release or shortly after:
- Modular skills that can be designed with ease
- Skill templates provided to further simplify the design for the skill developer
- Utilizes SkillArguments for argument validation and possible tab completion
- SkillConfiguration validation where the developer making anything configurable will show up in the default global skill config file
- Complete abstraction of skills allows for third party implementations to be used.
- SkillCaster interface allows for any object in the game to use a skill (Imagine, a Dispenser casting skills).
- Effects - Creating customizable behaviors
- Effects can be applied to virtually anything to have a specific behavior.
- Ability to mark an Entity with specific identifiable effects
- Expandable library of common effect types to further simplify behaviors
- Expandable interfaces defining an entity
- Make any entity a SkillCaster
- Complete customization with EntityManager#addEntity(IEntity) for third party implementations (think NPC’s)
- Insentient entities represent the normal damageable entities in the game and can be affected by Effects
- IEntity is a standard entity that KraftRPG knows about and tracks
- Sentient entities can have Roles and therefore gain experience in said roles and levels can affect their maximum health
- SkillCasters expand on Sentients by being able to cast Skills
- Summons expand on Insentient by being linked to a SkillCaster that summoned them
- Monsters expand on Insentient by having customizable damage and drop experience to their killer
- Champions represent the player, all champions are SkillCasters by default and have their stats saved
- Represents a notion that can gain experience of various types
- Levels can grant various benefits such as increased health, increased health regeneration, increased mana, skill usage
- Roles can have different configurations for skills to provide a more customized experience
- Custom definitions of damage for a specific Item type
- Loose dependency tree can be created at any complexity wanted with the guarantee that there are no circular dependencies
- Abstracted storage system allows for easy third party implementations to save player data.
- A unique command system that allows configuring everything about the plugin in game (some configuration changes may only show their effects after a server restart)
- By design, KraftRPG intends to make it possible for other plugins and mods to further interact with the behaviors of KraftRPG
- Dynamic on-load registration of Skills allows for “Skill Bundles” to exist.
- Abstract API designed to be portable to Sponge
The feature list is quiet large, but rest assured, most of the list is written at an API level, most of the work needing to be done is on writing the base implementation on SpongeAPI when SpongeAPI is in a more usable state.
###KraftRPG is open source and its Bukkit implementations can be viewed here:
####Feel free to join us in our irc channel!