Laborus - a customizable job plugin

You are missing a } in line 31 and line 59 to close the blocks also at the end are missing some more brackets. Also you have written ā€œitemReapirā€ instead of ā€œitemRepairā€. And the items in the actions are not direct children of these but instead in the items property, also the ability was missing the type property.

So i fixed your configuration now and you can find it here (you need to place this within the [ ] in the jobs=[] part): miner.conf Ā· GitHub

How well would this work with Pixelmon?

Example:

Kurtā€™s Job: Gaining XP and rewards for making Pokeballs.
Training: Gaining XP and rewards from defeating wild Pokemon.

etc.

All the actions that are the same as in vanilla (break, place, use etc.) should also work with the pixelmon items. Creating Pokeballs is supported throug Lergin / Laborus Pixelmon with the pixelmon_anvil action (i am right that they are created at the anvil?) i dont know if defeating wild pokemons would react to any action but maybe the pixelmon_catch from the extension i have linked above will do the thing :slight_smile:

A new version has been released for Laborus, it is available for download here.

• updated to Api 6 (also supports current Api 7 version) (#41)
  • added command JobBonus (#35)
  • JobBoni can be awarded only for certain items
  • added fishing JobActions (#34)
  • fixed negative xp amounts change level to -1 (#21)
  • fixed error if no item is in the hand (#40)

No posts since august so i fear this plugin is deadā€¦ (boy i hope not)

But! hopefully my question will be answered!
I am using your website config editor, and adding abilities seems brokenā€¦

EDIT: Gave up on the config editor, doing it manually (such a painā€¦)
however now i am getting an error when running ā€œ/jobs change join minerā€ saying ā€œArgument was not a valid choice. Valid choices : [Join, Leave]ā€

EDIT2:
Wellā€¦ it was workingā€¦ I continued to configure while i waited for a reply; now whenever Laborus is loaded in my mods folder i get the following crash: https://pastebin.com/FdcRvcDa

Deleting the config files does not help iā€™m afraidā€¦

the conf file for my job: https://pastebin.com/ZGX0vWi5

EDIT3:
extra quotations and a missing bracket. problem solved!

three issues remain:
1.)Still cannot join my class (or leave it if itā€™s auto assigned)
2.)i gain XP with every hit instead of after the block has been destroyedā€¦
3.)i cannot seem to figure out the economy configurationā€¦
4.) It does not get the date from my default levels table in Laborus config; i had to fill the data in for the job.

So i am whole heartedly confusedā€¦ Why do i need the data in a .conf file as well as in the jobs=[] field in Laborus.confā€¦?

PS; fixed my issue by wiping the serverā€¦ still canā€™t configure thoughā€¦

Hm i would think that most bugs are due to the latest updates to sponge and that this plugin was last tested by me 1 or 2 versions agoā€¦ I also have mostly abandoned the plugin as it has almost zero users and im quite occupied with some other projects and studying :slight_smile: But if you know some Java you can ofcourse fork the plugin on github :slight_smile:

Well, that is unfortunate; More so because i know zero javaā€¦ :slight_smile:
Perhaps iā€™ll give it a whirl updating to the latest API and seeing if i can figure out whats what.

Welp, itā€™s forked. first step is to make it functional with API 7.1
If you happen to have some tips on the matterā€¦(or know where i can find some) Iā€™ll happily buy you some coffeeā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

• Fixed compiler errors for Sponge Api 7 / Plugin is working but has some deprecated api warnings
1 Like

• replaced deprecated Api methods
1 Like

• fixed a startup crash
1 Like

Hey there Lergin, first off, amazing job on this plugin. Customization is definitely the key point to this jobs plugin, great job. Unfortunately I have an issue relating to the placing of items. I am currently creating a job where placing items is the way to gain xp as well as using an item(wrench). I am using this on a modded server with modded items within the config. I have several jobs already added with mainly the Use and Break actions and they work great. I have tried replacing the Place action with Use but here I found a player can just right click the air and just continuously gain xp and taking the fun out of it. The Place action doesnā€™t seem to function at all it seems. Also no error logs and I also created my job files from scratch and not using the web editor you have created. Feel I put too much time into creating the jobs to have them randomly disappear haha anyways here is the Place action from my config: hastebin
Thanks in advance!

I know i am not Lergin,
But please post your Sponge version and plugin version so he can better assist you.

Oh wow yeah I canā€™t believe I forgot that. Note to self, donā€™t start giving issues at 2 in the morning.

Laborus 1.6.2
FTBserver-1.12.2-14.23.2.2618
spongeforge-1.12.2-2611-7.1.0-BETA-2970

You may want to make a proper bug report on the Github page: Issues Ā· Lergin/Laborus Ā· GitHub

Not sure if it will help get anything done faster or not; per this report it needs a lot of work to get updated to API v7.1: Laborus 1.6.1 | Errors when running /jobs command Ā· Issue #43 Ā· Lergin/Laborus Ā· GitHub

Perhaps this will never happen

Perhaps; though we can always be hopeful.

There is also this plugin here: NeumimTo / NT-Rpg

Actively worked on by the sole dev. Though i believe the two plugins are moving in two different directions; the Dev is open to suggestions on his discord so maybe some of your features could be added.

plugin has been abandoned for about 2 years now.

So no alternative ? Time to go Kettle ?