Legendary Generator - 100% overhaul on Legendary spawning. Get in control of what spawns on your server

A new version has been released for Legendary Generator, it is available for download here.

• Fixed compatibility issues with GCES:
    (NullPointers and such, nerdy coder shit)

• Fixed consecutive spawner failsafe not allowing the spawn to continue when set to false

• Fixed the consecutive spawner module getting null when failsafe set to true

• Fixed consecutive spawner module throwing BoundsMustBePositive errors under some conditions

• Fixed a small-to-moderate amount of lag cause by the consecutive spawner module trying to not spawn on the consecutive player

• Fixed the config saving too quickly sometimes, causing it to shit itself and get corrupted

• Fixed the testspawn command (and probably the natural spawner, too, as they use the same method) always trying to spawn the legendary as a shiny

• Added the configurable setting to have the plugin play the sound of the Pokemon’s cry to the player picked upon its spawning:

This setting will automatically generate in the legendarygenerator.conf file. It is set to true by default. When it goes off, it runs the playsound command (I couldn’t figure out the fancy coder-way of playing sounds - and its already 2:30 AM as I’m uploading this update…after getting home from work so I’m pretty tired and don’t wanna fuck with it right now :P). I honestly got the idea to do this upon reading a suggestion posted by a member in the Generations’ Discord - whose name I do not remember.

A new version has been released for Legendary Generator, it is available for download here.

• Fixed a NullPointerException being thrown trying to broadcast the fail message (hopefully, I didn’t actually test it, but in theory it should be fine now)

• Added support of not specifying a quantity in the inventory requirement modules (for both spawn triggers and spawn requirements, including both inventory-checking systems in the triggers) to default to a quantity of 1

• Fixed the Pokemon spawner throwing null errors

• Fixed Party-Contains and Party-Requires throwing null errors when, say, there was something in slot 2 but not slot 1 of the player’s party

• Fixed Inventory-Requires removing the items before finishing the rest of the requirement checks

• Fixed the time listing having values less than 10 not be displayed with a 0 → “9” vs “09”

• Fixed the plugin thinking a legendary had despawned if it had moved away from its spawn location

• Added a break out of the loop in the spawn selection method so it won’t keep looping through after selecting a Pokemon

• Fixed consecutive spawner failsafe not allowing the spawn to continue when set to false

• Fixed consecutive spawner module throwing BoundsMustBePositive errors under some conditions

• Fixed a small-to-moderate amount of lag cause by the consecutive spawner module trying to not spawn on the consecutive player

• Fixed the config saving too quickly sometimes, causing it to shit itself and get corrupted

• Fixed the testspawn command (and probably the natural spawner, too, as they use the same method) always trying to spawn the legendary as a shiny

• Added the configurable setting to have the plugin play the sound of the Pokemon’s cry to the player picked upon its spawning:

This setting will automatically generate in the legendarygenerator.conf file. It is set to true by default. When it goes off, it runs the playsound command (I couldn’t figure out the fancy coder-way of playing sounds - and its already 2:30 AM as I’m uploading this update…after getting home from work so I’m pretty tired and don’t wanna fuck with it right now :P). I honestly got the idea to do this upon reading a suggestion posted by a member in the Generations’ Discord - whose name I do not remember.

• Fixed a NullPointerException being thrown trying to broadcast the fail message (hopefully, I didn’t actually test it, but in theory it should be fine now)

• Added support of not specifying a quantity in the inventory requirement modules (for both spawn triggers and spawn requirements, including both inventory-checking systems in the triggers) to default to a quantity of 1

• Fixed the Pokemon spawner throwing null errors

• Fixed Party-Contains and Party-Requires throwing null errors when, say, there was something in slot 2 but not slot 1 of the player’s party

• Fixed Inventory-Requires removing the items before finishing the rest of the requirement checks

• Fixed the time listing having values less than 10 not be displayed with a 0 → “9” vs “09”

• Fixed the plugin thinking a legendary had despawned if it had moved away from its spawn location

• Added a break out of the loop in the spawn selection method so it won’t keep looping through after selecting a Pokemon

• Fixed the spawn chance and shiny chance setter commands not updating the right configuration node

• Fixed the spawn chance and shiny chance setter commands not updating the right configuration node

- Added (experimental) support of spawning legendaries with special textures

-- add ":textureName" to the Pokemon name in the default-spawn-settings.conf

-- Example: Groudon:blueGroudon

-- Example (Galarian support): Galarian_Zapdos:flowerZapdos

-- This feature is really only useful on Generations where custom special textures aren't a pain to add, but I figured might as well throw it in the Reforged version too.

- Fixed spawning Galarian birds Reforged apparently added and didn't tell anyone nor put it in their change logs because that's totally professional

-- This feature is really only useful on Generations where custom special textures aren't a pain to add, but I figured might as well throw it in the Reforged version too.

- Fixed spawning Galarian birds Reforged apparently added and didn't tell anyone nor put it in their change logs because that's totally professional

• Fixed the custom texture spawner

• Removed some debug printouts I accidentally left in 3.4.7

• Fixed the custom spawn requirements module

– I know that’s a random thing to fix, but as it turns out it wasn’t looping through settings and such correctly causing it to think that all options were checked and they weren’t, thus forcing the plugin to select a Pokemon from the default list

– I know that’s a random thing to fix, but as it turns out it wasn’t looping through settings and such correctly causing it to think that all options were checked and they weren’t, thus forcing the plugin to select a Pokemon from the default list

• Fixed Chat-Message-Hover text not showing legendary movesets

• Fixed Chat-Message-Hover text not showing legendary movesets

LegendaryGenerator Update 3.5.1 SF7.3

For Pixelmon Reforged
Special releases for SpongeForge API 7.2 are to be found in our Discord.

Changes:

• Changed spawn int command’s message instructing people to run (/sponge plugins reload) to run (/lg reload) instead (it doesn’t make a difference, just reloads Legendary Generator instead of everything).

Fixes:

• Broadcast errors.
  • Fixed Pixelmon’s default legendary spawner ignoring being turned off in LG’s config on Generations version.
  • Ultra Beast dimension errors.
  • Fixed spawn chance and shiny chance setter commands

Added:

• Added support of spawning different forms:
    – If you set “-Form-#” in with the Pokemon name in the default spawn settings config, that Pokemon will spawn in that form.

Example: "Giratina-Form-1" => Origin Form Giratina

• Added support of spawning legendaries with held items:

A newly generated held-items.conf should appear in your config folder now. In it, you can set different options (and the chance that option is selected) for what held item a Pokemon can be spawned with. An example of how to do this is generated inside that config.

Wiki <<=>> Discord.

Sorry I haven’t updated here in a while, I’m very bad at remembering to do this. There’s a lot of stuff that changed from 3.5.1 to now, but here we go:

Version 3.6.0:

https://prnt.sc/126gws9
(Too big to just paste, so have that. No one reads these anyway)
Version 3.6.1:

- Added/updated support of newly rewritten upcoming boosters plugin
Version 3.6.2:

- Updated the spawn and shiny chance updater modules to a much more easier to read and use system (this change to the config should happen automatically when you update to this version)

- Added a configurable (set to true by default) option to spawn the legendary as glowing so its easier to see it when it spawns (this should also generate by default)

- Fixed what might (strong might) have been a small bug with the random coordinates being re-gotten depending on certain conditions
Version 3.6.3:

- Fixed all broadcast messages (spawn, capture, despawn, kill, fail, etc) not properly checking permission groups

- Added support of the following placeholders to all broadcast messages:

%ana% (will add in "A" or "An" to the message based on the letter than the legendary's name starts with) (A Moltres, An Articuno) (its a grammar thing)

%pokemon-hover% (will make the Pokemon's name be hover text showing data about that Pokemon, most likely including the name...I kinda forgot to look)

%pokemon% (does the Pokemon's name)

%player% (does the player's name)

%biome% (does the biome information)

- Removed automatic use of the %ana% placeholder, it now must be added for it to show

- Added the ability to set a specific exchange rate for points received for trading in legendaries (in a newly, automatically added map in the exchange-rates.conf file)

- Added code as the plugin starts up, checking for Nucleus. If it doesn't find it, stops the plugin's functions and commands from loading to prevent errors
Version 3.6.4:

- Fixed players not seeing a spawn broadcast in situations where only the default group was being used with specifically only one Display-Type

- Fixed text formatting on all messages where text formatting was broken on 3.6.3
Version 3.6.5:

- Fixed a rare bug where legendaries would spawn then immediately despawn due to spawning in walls and dying and shit

- Fixed the spawn chance setting being ignored when set to 1.0

- Fixed a NullPointerException being thrown by the despawn message after a server restart
Version 3.7.0:

- Changed the optional command argument in the spawn command:

-- <s:|shiny:> <true|false>
    -- <w:|world:> <world name>
    -- <l:|level:> <level>

Generic examples:
    /lg spawn random random world:DIM-1
    /lg spawn random random world:DIM-1 l:1

-- These additions mean you can specify levels of legendaries, as well as shiny status. And you'll be able to specify which world you want Legendary Generator to look in for players to spawn a legendary on.

Note: if the world selected for a spawn filter is not loaded, the command will fail and throw an error!

Another note: if spawning in worlds like the Nether and the End and you want to use the biome spawn filter, you may have to add those biomes to your default-spawn-settings.conf file if they don't already exist.
Version 4.0.0:

- Rewrote the spawner command/spawner system:

-- It was brought to my attention (and I later saw it myself) a bug where Legendary Generator was, say, spawning a legendary on Player A, but the broadcast message and the actual spawn location was using a completely different player.

-- I have a feeling this was what was causing the spawn then immediately despawn message to go off, so that should be fixed now.

- Added support of a dusk time requirement setting

- Added a catch for the despawn checker task to detect when the world name used doesn't exist in the server, and will throw a message instead of a big red error
Version 4.1.0:

- Added a cooldown system for legendary spawning:

-- This will automatically generate in your legendarygenerator.conf file

-- Disabled by default, it allows you to tell Legendary Generator to not spawn the same legendary twice in a row

-- There is also a blacklist for Pokemon you want to allow to spawn consecutively

- Fixed the default Pixelmon spawner not reading the whitelist on the Generations version
Version 4.2.0:

- Added support of certain specs to the exchange system:

-- -Shiny:<value> will set the shiny status
    -- -Level:<level> will set the level
    -- -Texture:<texture> will set custom texture
    -- -Form:<form> will set the form

-- Examples:
        --- "Mew-Shiny:true"=100
        --- "Arceus-Form:10"=100

- Added support of multiple time requirement values for both the natural spawner requirement handler and the custom spawn triggers requirement handler

-- What this means is you can now have Time values like "day, night" so that Pokemon can spawn at two different times of day

- Removed a debug message that printed to console when the time requirement was checked
Version 4.2.1:

- Fixed / added support of showing sprites with different forms/shiny status/shit like that

- Added support of a shiny spec to the sell rates in the exchange rates config

-- This means you can set different (typically, higher) sell prices (meaning the amount of tokens players get for selling this legendary to the system) for shiny legendaries

-- An example:
        "Mewtwo-Shiny:true"=200

-- Due to how incredibly stupid and complicated this was to get working, the shiny spec will likely be the only spec I add to this module

- Fixed (hopefully, I honestly forgot to test it before dropping this update) a bug where players could end up with an empty party if their party only contained legendary Pokemon that they chose to trade off
Version 4.3.0:

- Rewrote the player selection module:

-- This was the code that selected the player that a legendary was spawned on

-- By doing this, I condensed it down and optimized a lot of code (used to be 1,105 lines, is now 61 - yes, seriously)

-- This also fixed a bug where Legendary Generator was not looking at the GCES legendary restriction module in a couple of instances, due to how large the code was before, so its likely it fixed a few other bugs with the other external modules as well

-- This also fixed a bug with the random player selection (hopefully, I can't really test random player selection on my local test server with a player count of 1, but it did not error out when I tested it so I assume it works)

- Fixed "Ho-Oh" breaking the legendary exchange menu because of the "-" in its name (write it as "hooh", the code will know what to do with it)

- Added a LGSpawnEvent, this cancellable event is for other plugins to hook into Legendary Generator's natural spawner. I'm using it for PokeSearch but another developer could, say, use it to further customize when legendary spawns are triggered

- Fixed Legendary Generator saying the legendary was captured by the player it was spawned for, regardless of who actually caught it
Version 4.3.1:

- Fixed Legendary Generator assuming GCES and PixelBoosters are always in use

- Fixed Legendary Generator's modules (AFK, vanish, consecutive spawns) causing spawns to fail if there is more than 1 player online

- (Probably) fixed Legendary Generator recycling the spawn location from the previous spawn when executing a new spawn

- (Probably) fixed the despawn checker task showing the despawn/fled message after the legendary has been killed/captured/defeated

- Fixed Kubfu and Urshifu not being considered legendaries