Hi, I am Bernard and I am 18.
So I am sure a lot of you know what Forge is. And most of you know what Bukkit/Spigot is.
And I’m sure a few of you know that up until 1.7.10 you could play on servers that had both plugins and mods.
Unfortunately, after the Bukkit DMCA etc, this option of servers having both Spigot plugins and Forge mods basically vanished, except, they developed Sponge. It so suppose to be the solution. Everyone thought that Spigot would disappear with Bukkit and so nobody made server software after 1.7.10 that had Spigot and Forge running side by side. Instead everyone was supposed to rewrite their plugins for Sponge.
But, big surprise, Spigot managed to stay around so a lot of servers didn’t need to switch because they just ran plugins. Unfortunately, that leaves us mod lovers stuck without famous plugins like Factions and so on.
I am looking for Developers that can code plugins for Sponge and rewrite Bukkit/Spigot plugins for Sponge. I expect this to be a big project to get my server live.
There are 3 big plugins to be coded and they all have links to each other.
- The first plugin to be rewritten for Sponge and built upon is Movecraft. Don’t worry its open source under the GNU General Public License V3 (https://github.com/msummers123/Movecraft-3)
- The second plugin is based on the Factions plugin but much more complex and will be discussed privately so the idea is not stolen.
- The third plugin is a complete NPC Merchant plugin to get people to take cargo to and from different locations to make money.
- This plugin will have to include an automatic price calculator so that a location/city can be set as a source for a product and the city merchants that are set to buy that item will automatically calculate the base price they pay based on the distance from the source.
- This plugin will need to hook into the Movecraft plugin so people can pay to have their cargo unloaded/loaded for them. Formula will be provided to calculate time/cost.
- This plugin will also have to include a realistic flowing economy system based on production and consumption rates set in the config or via commands.
- A stock market might also be required. I am still thinking out how this would work.
- A chest protection plugin and something like PEX are also required.
The budget of this plan is to be negotiated.
The plugins and code written for my server (excluding the Movecraft plugin) will be my property and not be open source but you (the developer) will be given credit for your work and may use it in your portfolio.
PM me for now. Skype will be used later on during development.
The following disclaimer must be included at the bottom of every post in this category:
This post is strictly for finding developers. Discussions that do not directly relate to finding developers, or discussions that discuss specifics are not to occur here. Furthermore, commissions are not to be discussed on the forum outside of this category.