🔑 PermissionsEx v2.0 [API 5]

PermissionsEx is a powerful permissions plugin that allows server administrators to manage permissions with the flexibility and power for any server configuration.

:arrow_down: Download Development Builds These builds are for API5/MC1.10+ only
:arrow_down: 1.8.9 Download Note: These builds are only updated manually, and may not always have the latest features or bugfixes. If a change is needed, remind me and I’ll push an update
:nut_and_bolt: Source
:exclamation: Issues
:beginner: Getting Started Guide

Features

PEX 2 is still heavily in development. The most accurate place to track development progress is the list of issues for 2.0, which lists most of the tasks remaining before PEX 2.0

Currently implemented

• Support of any subject collection type (users, groups, etc)
  • Integer permission weights
  • Per-server context options
  • Improved performance and thread-safe operation
  • Complete integration with Sponge permissions API
  • Reliable caching system
  • Localization of command text
  • JSON configuration format (with automatic conversion of Bukkit data)
  • Interactive commands with tabcompletion
  • Rank Ladders
  • Shell-glob style permission expansion

Sponsors

YourKit Logo

YourKit supports open source projects with its full-featured Java Profiler. YourKit, LLC is the creator of YourKit Java Profiler and YourKit .NET Profiler, innovative and intelligent tools for profiling Java and .NET applications. The PermissionsEx team uses YourKit to analyze performance and is thankful for their continued support of open-source software.

62 Likes

Kudos to you. My server needs PEX.

1 Like

Whenever I try to use the wildcard permission (’*’), it doesnt work.

1 Like

There’s a typo in your title. The plugin is called ‘PermissionSex’. Jeez, don’t you know anything?

11 Likes

Because permission resolution isn’t implemented yet silly

Only on April 1st

3 Likes

Well then. Insert overused Lenny face here.

@zml Glad to see PEX move over to sponge too, its an essential.

I’m talking about the Bukkit version.

1 Like

What on earth gives you the idea that this is the appropriate location to report bugs with the Bukkit version? These are the sponge forums.

8 Likes

I kek’d. Really hard.

1 Like

I <3 you pex :smiley:. All my servers use pex :blush:.

Stop trying to modify permissions.yml and starting use /pex group admin add *.

2 Likes

I guess yous are throwing out YML then as well as it is a “Pain in the backside” to say it polity.

Just in case that was question. Can’t tell.

1 Like

First screenshots!

13 Likes

Wow thats awesome. Which sponge build you are using? Last update broke the commands again :frowning:.

Any way to get a hold of this? Trying to compile it results in a few dependency errors for the SpongeAPI.

yeah, there are a few API changes that have happened that have broken PEX. I’m going to update it once I finish the SpongeAPI commands PR I’m working on.

I would love you forever if you include PostgreSQL support in the SQL backend. :smiley:

I hope to have the SQL queries be abstract enough for that to work.

1 Like

Out of curiosity: Do you plan to use an abstraction layer like JOOQ or do you want to actually write your JDBC statements in a way that will work on all (well, sort of) databases?