Looking for help with voting

Hello, I am currently developing a modded server with SpongeForge, and would like to hear your opinions on how I should set up voting. Here’s basically what I want to happen. Player clicks a link by doing /vote or /vote links, votes for the server, and the server gives them a key for a crate, which in turn, when the crate is clicked, gives them random rewards from a configured list that I make. How would I go about doing this? I see servers using this system all the time, I have created a vote site but when I vote I do not recieve anything nor can i find anywhere to configure what I should be getting. I’m sorry if I sound like a noob, I’ve actually never tried to set up voting for any of my servers before XD

First you need to set up nuVotifier, which you set up on the server and on every vote listing you have.

Then you need a NuVotifier listener which will give the player whatever rewards or commands you want to give them. If you want to do crates, then I’m sure whatever crate plugin you have has a give player crate key command.
(Or alternatively, you can list all the rewards on the NuVotifier plugin and the person will get the reward automatically after voting, without having to redeem the key)

In order to get /vote or /vote links, this could probably be done with nucleus, make a /links page for it

Then use RandomByte / CommandUtils to create a /vote alias that will run /links vote
Alternatively to CommandUtils, there’s also Simon_Flash / CmdBuilder pretty sure this works to, but haven’t gotten to use it yet.

a quick side note
The nuvotifier versions don’t seem to be working correctly on API 7. Use the unofficial “Serious NuVotifier” for API7 which is provided in the post. Also SV provides a /vote command which lists out vote sites which you can configure. But that is the extent of the functionality for /vote.

Ahhh, okay! Getting the items directly when they vote is fine. So I need to get SeriousVote and that’s all? I already have nucleus, so that shouldnt be a problem. Where would I list the rewards and chances to get them in the NuVotifier files? Regarding the /vote or /vote links, it would be fine for me to just put all the links on the server website and have regular broadcasts that say the link. And, what’s the difference between API7 and the normal file? I am using SpongeForge 2705.

Pretty sure that SeriousVote plugin is haunted or something XD
27.08 03:48:10 [Server] Server thread/INFO [seriousvote]:
27.08 03:48:10 [Server] INFO NN
27.08 03:48:10 [Server] INFO ooo
27.08 03:48:10 [Server] INFO NoooN
27.08 03:48:10 [Server] INFO NoooN
27.08 03:48:10 [Server] INFO ooooN
27.08 03:48:10 [Server] INFO NNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNoooNNNN NNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNN
27.08 03:48:10 [Server] INFO NNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNooNNNNN NNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNN

You need SeriousVote and nuVotifier.

There’s a wiki for SeriousVote and you can also read the forum thread, all information you need to set up is there.

Also @curscascis is the author of Serious vote, he clarified a few things earlier. He’s always been super helpful to me whenever I needed some help on the forum.

I successfully got voting set up just how I wanted! Thank you so much guys! Any idea about more voting sites? The ones I already have set up are:
Planetminecraft
minecraftservers.org

Search up “Minecraft server list” on google and you’ll get a lot of different sites. There’s dozens of them, though really, you’ll likely get traffic from a few and the rest will be extra