LWC Survey

I’ve never really used magnet all that much on my server(and find that it has some of the worse performance hits out of all of the LWC features, when looking at the performance data made by a plugin like nolaggs examine feature. I have used drop transfers though, although I don’t like that it get disabled every time that you change worlds on the server.

A gui of sorts, and/or a client mod, could be useful depending on what you can do with it, if you can set protections with it(and possibly be able to set key binds for protections.), then that could be useful, instead of typing out the command for it or going back through the chat history to find the command to set a lock. I’ve used keyboard macro’s in the past because of that, to be able to set a bunch of locks quickly.

Magnet is definitely the worst offender for performance. I’ve had to spend endless amounts of time to get it to be borderline alright :confused: and even then it can only be so fast with what Bukkit provides.

I’ll be happy to not have to have it in LWC at all by default.

It doesn’t allow it to be used across worlds by default (because some servers have a creative world). You can change it back inside core.yml (crossWorld). Unless you’re experiencing a different issue?

The aim would be to not need to use commands at all, yeah. But something like that is probably pretty far off if I ever do it myself (although I’ve tinkered with GUIs in the past for LWC. Spout years ago, and Forge about a year ago lol)

btw, you can use /cpersist to make 1 LWC command work over and over, e.g.:

/cpersist
/cprivate

Then LWC will try and protect every block you click after that.

I just had the idea of making a house out of chests and protectin all of them with it, then teleport in and out.

I’ve seen people do that with furnaces, haha.

Also:

I’ve been a player, server staff, and now a server administrator. I know that you can add permission groups to access LWC protections, but this access is controlled at the server management level. I think it would be awesome if LWC could have “access groups” that players could add to protections and configure who is a member of the access groups.

This would work really well with friends, clans, and factions where a group may want to setup lots of protections for everyone in the group to access, and add/remove members over time. I don’t know if something like this would be possible.

I used LWC way early on, and used it quit a bit… but ended up moving to something else.

I quickly just looked over your features (maybe I missed it), and one thing that comes to mind is maintenance / upkeep. Whether it be an upkeep charge per item, or as a whole, just something that you can force the player to work at in keeping his stuff protected. In the event he never comes back to the server (or just forgets to maintain), the upkeep will force the players protections to expire. Upkeep could be done with Money, Time elapsed, etc. Now with Sponge being Forge based, client based GUI (??!!).

Filled, happy to see LWC is being ported :slight_smile:

I plan to at the very least add player-player trusting (i.e. /trust <name> gives said player access to all of your protections.) Some form of both trust and what you’re saying has been asked for a few times before.

For LWC-level groups, I’ll have to think about it some more. I wouldn’t really want it to seem like it’s actual server groups, so I guess it would have to be worded a bit differently.

Upkeep is an interesting idea. Having protections expire after players are gone for X days is something asked for more than a couple times, so you’re not alone there :wink:

Thank you!

Thank you again for the responses everyone. I now have 155 responses (geez), and the responses have for the most part remained the same as what I said in my last post:

2 Likes

With all due respect, I’m not a fan of LWC. Don’t know why.
Anyway good luck!

1 Like

@blood
You may be interested in Post#18 as it shows the results from Hidendras survey regarding LWC.

Sorry for bumping this old thread :wink: