Magic plugin

Hey this might be a big request but if anyone out there is interested I would love a port of this plugin http://mods.curse.com/bukkit-plugins/minecraft/magic to sponge or forge. I haven’t seen any other magic plugins or mods use cool spell effects like that with particles and I would love to use it alongside lycanite’s mobs to create a fantasy style server.

At some point I plan on completing KraftRPG to introduce spells, classes, and the kind to the game. It’s not near completion, but a majority of it has been written to hold it’s own as a plugin and provide some cool interactions with the game. I say this as more of a long term goal to when I have enough time as Sponge’s implementations are stabilizing. I might induct @Zidane to aid me in developing the plugin’s API as a whole :wink:

1 Like

But then I would have to customize my own classes right?

By default, I’d ship with some skills and default classes, so yes, you would be able to customize them, but I’d likely have different configuration setups for different play styles wanted: classes based, all skills available with permission, etc.

yeah the thing is I just want magic spells like that plugin. And even in mods I haven’t seen people use particle effects like that guy. I want actual spells with destruction not some fake magic like thaumcraft.

Lol what do you mean fake magic like Thaumcraft?

as much as ive read about thaumcraft and looked at videos, all I see is that you’re crafting stuff theres no spell casting

The point of KraftRPG isn’t for what you call “fake magic” but spells to be casted that do things to the world or entities or yourself etc. I don’t know if I’ll have the early spells be as fancy as Magic’s are (there’s a lot of spells, and there’s a lot of math involved), but eventually I’m hoping to make KraftRPG’s default spells kick ass. The main point of the plugin though is to provide an API for developers to make their own spells for their own uses (like a spell that imbues your next melee attack to cause the target player see no players or entities), or perhaps a spell that causes an earth wall to get summoned and then “melt” away.

You can define magic by just spellcasting if you like. To each their own. In that case, a magic mod you would enjoy would be Ars Magica 2. But Thaumcraft is more about creating things. It’s not ‘fake’ magic, just a different flavor of it.

yes I know “fake” magic wasn’t the best term to describe my idea but im gonna check out that ars mgicka mod then