MaLiLib + Spongeforge = Crash on both Client and Server

Heyo! Pretty sure this is just a mod incompatibility, but I’m not sure if I should stick this on GitHub or just keep this here.

Been getting a crash when using MaLiLib (lib for Litematica) and Spongeforge (both for ver 1.12.2). I’ve narrowed it down to those two, as the server/client with launch fine with one or the other, but will crash if both are present.

Client crashlog
Client debug log
Server debug log
Server crashlog

Server Info:
Minecraft 1.12.2
Forge 14.23.5.2847
SpongeForge 1.12.2-2838-7.2.1-RC4011
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
Java: openjdk version “1.8.0_252”

Version of MaLiLib in question was retrieved here, which was linked from the author on their 1.15.2 comment thread here

And yes I know the allocated RAM for this server is quite small, it was just a sandbox one I threw together to test some things.

Edit: separated out the logs

On the server side, there is no crash (it does look like the file has been cut down so its missing text at the end).

As for the client. How come you are running Sponge on the client?

On the server side, there is no crash (it does look like the file has been cut down so its missing text at the end).

Least on my end it does crash, actually. I’m not sure why tho, I just get “failed to start” when both are installed, but it finally launches fine when one or the either is removed. Debug file I think got truncated when I uploaded it to GitHub, but this was the actual server crashlog
edit separated out the logs to their own gists to try and clean it up

As for the client. How come you are running Sponge on the client?

Mostly testing, was having some issues and was trying to narrow down the cause plus wanted to figure out a few other plugins before uploading them to the server proper. Also a lot of the commands in the Nucleus plugin is super helpful when troubleshooting stuff (like teleporting, changing game mode, removing things I don’t need).

net/minecraftforge/client/event/GuiScreenEvent$KeyboardInputEvent$Pre

That class is not on the server, its only on the client. The mod MaLiLib is either loading in client mode, or it is a client only mod.

Im still confused on the client side. Are you debugging on single player? As on a server you still have access to nucleus command (and all of sponge) without the client mod on a server.

In single player/lan server yeah. I was trying to figure out a cause of rampant overspawning/fish breeding in single player (after downloading the server’s world), and I was trying to keep it as close to the same as possible. Ended up just using Litematica (reason why I was trying to get MaLiLib to work) to copy the player’s structures and pasting them in a new world.

Ah ok.

At least you now know your server isnt crashing due to a incompatibly with mods, just one running client code. Tell us if you fix it so others can work out what to do if they have the same issue