Map Renderers?

Hi there,

This is my first post here on these forums so please excuse my ignorance!

I have been developing Bukkit/Spigot plugins for more than two years now and I think I have an “average” amount of experience in developing small plugins with standard features. However, one thing that I’m missing when I look at Sponge is the “MapRenderer” functionality available in Bukkit/Spigot.

This MapRenderer allows you to draw shapes and text to a canvas which would be loaded to the players holding maps. You can register a MapRenderer to one or more maps. This allows plugins to create custom map based displays and signs.

Is this functionality replicable in Sponge?

Thanks!

If it’s not, it will be eventually. Keep in mind, Sponge is still in development! (I don’t personally know of any such functionality, but it’s possible that it does indeed exist).

2 Likes

Thanks for the response! :smiley: I hope that the continued development of Sponge will allow this to be added in the future if it hasn’t already.

Hopefully someone else may be able to confirm whether or not it currently exists.

It doesn’t. Feel free to make a pull request in SpongeAPI and SpongeCommon to add it :stuck_out_tongue:

There is a PR that adds a Map API, but the implementation isn’t finished yet.

1 Like

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I’ll make sure to watch this PR.