MBDiscordLink - Addon for MagiBridge that links in-game accounts with Discord accounts

This is a discussion topic for the Ore project, MBDiscordLink. View the full project on Ore for downloads and more information.

Want quick support? Join my discord server: https://discord.gg/YttMwEr

MBDiscordLink

MBDiscordLink is an addon for MagiBridge that adds an account linking system to it, as well as role syncing. I decided to not include it directly into MagiBridge because not everyone may use this feature, so it’s a separate plugin.

The permission to link/unlink commands is magibridge.link and magibridge.unlink!

Features

• Link Minecraft accounts with Discord accounts
  • Adds users to a specific role once they link their account
  • Run commands when a player links/unlinks his account
  • Sync roles based on permissions for linked users
  • Sync nicknames based on the player’s in-game name
  • All messages configurable

Config

You can see an example of the current config here.

Basic Setup

1. Customize your messages config node as you want
  2. Set the default linked role on the plugin config. This role will be given to users once they link their accoint
  3. Set the commands that should be run when players link/unlink their account
  4. Optionally, set the roles to sync. The format is "perm"="role-id". The permission can be anything you want, for example if you want to sync LuckPerms groups to roles, you can use the group.<groupname> permission, and the role you want associate to it. You can get the role ID by tagging the role on Discord with an \ before it, like \@Admins. The ID is the numerical string.
  5. Ready to go! The plugin should be now working!

This plugin uses StorageUtils to store configs and the player data.

If you find any issues, report them to the plugin’s issue tracker. If you want, you can donate for me trough PayPal, my paypal email is [email protected].

A new version has been released for MBDiscordLink, it is available for download here.

Fixed config generating empty

Technically couldn’t someone abuse the Link/Unlink feature of this to consistently be rewarded whatever is put in the config to give them for linking their reward?

Yea. I don’t have much to do tho, my thought when I added the commands was to run broadcasts, etc…

makes sense. a potential thing i can see being done is not giving the perm to unlink but i havent tested if leaving the discord server and rejoining will also unlink their account causing issues. tricky situation here. may have to rethink this for my server. very nice plugin though.

A new version has been released for MBDiscordLink, it is available for download here.

• Remove roles from Users who don’t have in-game access to that role anymore
  • Fix spam regarding to roles being added and removed all the time

This version works on both API6 and API7 (1.10.2 ~ 1.12+)!

First off: thanks for all your plugin work!

Second: is there any capability in this plugin to set the user’s Discord nickname to their in-game name? My brain was telling me this was one of the features of the plugin, but it doesn’t seem to do that now that I’ve gotten it running …and I can’t find anything in the docs that indicates that it should do that. So: am I missing something silly obvious, or just losing my mind (or both)? :smiley:

You cannot do that with MBDiscordLink.

is there a way to make a .txt list of linked igns to discord handles?

There’s a Users.conf file where you can check their UUIDS/discord names, but you shouldn’t edit it.

yea, the users.conf filled out to about 30 names, then it stopped recording them. bot still works, just had to make him disable commands after linking with luckperms :slightly_smiling_face: I know there should be atleast 10 times as many username/igns, but i never see the list update

• Add some null checks
  • Save upon config change (prevent memory data being lost on crashes)

what do you mean by group. ? I couldn’t get this to work. I made a rank on the server called twitch and put group.twitch in the config which didn’t work.

Updated to the new MagiBridge version

• Rewritten the complete plugin
  • Updated to newest MagiBridge
  • Added inverse sync (add in-game groups to players that have a specific role)
  • Added SQL support for linked accounts (can use MySQL now :P)
  • Fixed a few sync errors

• Add %user% and %player% placeholders to messages/commands
  • Added /whois and !whois @User to check the link status of players/users
  • Start MBDiscordLink only if MagiBridge has loaded

Update do MagiBridge 2.10+

• Fixed NPE when unlinking users who left the discord server guild

• Update to latest MagiBridge

• Update to MagiBridge 2.11