Minecart halt 15 blocks away from player

Bonjour,
I have an installation of Minecraft Forge Server using Sponde. The problem I’m experiencing is minecart simply halt or barely move once they are 15 blocks away from the player. That is, I build a straight line of tracks with powered rail to keep the cart going and lauch the cart, when the cart reach 15 (or so) blocks, it halts.

I have forge version : forge-1.12.2-14.23.4.2705-universal.jar
with sponge version : spongeforge-1.12.2-2705-7.1.0-BETA-3361.jar
and minecraft version : minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar

I have no mod installed on the server besides sponge and no mod at all on the client side. I used the property file provided by Forge installer. The problem is not present if the sponge mod is not loaded.

How can I fix this issue?

This is probably due to the entity-activation range, configureable in Sponges configs. That mechanic tries to reduce server-lag by reducing entity-updates on entities that are far away from a player.
Open config/sponge/global.conf and search for entity-activation-range. You can disable it for minecarts (or entirely) there.

Thanks Blue, I’ll keep looking but what would be the correct config to disable the entity-activation-range for the minecarts?

entity-activation-range {
    # If 'true', newly discovered entities will be added to this config with a default value.
    auto-populate=true
    # Default activation ranges used for all entities unless overridden.
    defaults {
        ambient=32
        aquatic=32
        creature=32
        misc=16
        monster=32
    }
    # Per-mod overrides. Refer to the minecraft default mod for example.
    mods {}
}

I have been digging around but to no avail so far.

How do you insert en exception for minecart and minecart_chest, etc. The only thing that worked has been to disable the module in the modules section :slight_smile:

modules {
# Enables experimental fixes for broken mods
broken-mod=false
bungeecord=false
entity-activation-range=false
… }

Is there a list of valid entity to be used in the entity-activation-range {} ???

Thanks for you help, at least, what’s wrong now ;o)

You have no idea how much the difficulty increased by disabling this feature … increadible … hell on earth!

So many mob running on you now … awesome!

You have auto-populate=true so all you need to do is encounter one in-game and it should add it to the list.

I have tried that and nothing has been happened to the list !?

auto population is a bit broken/not working as expected right now, waiting on this to be merged for a fix

1 Like