Minecraft Windows 10 Beta

So everyone has probably heard about the new Windows 10 version of Minecraft. But Im wondering if it will be Java or finally C++/#?

3 Likes

It doesn’t seem that different. Anyway, I’m going to go watch Minecon now.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

fffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I don’t know. Hopefully good things.

offtopic

Are the minecon streams always this unstable, They both seem to be down.

They have been unstable. And honestly what a crack team to discuss modpacks. I mean the best they got is Agrarian Skies? Where’s my friends from Resonant Rise?! At least FTB is in the panel.

1 Like

I don’t play much mods I’ve just got nothing else to do. I’d like to learn Forge but apparently asking for a tutorial of that in chat gets you timed out.

Ive seen some of the replies on their forums, Lex doesnt seem like a very…patient guy.

Oh. Do you know any forge tutorials then?

Tried any of These

Thanks! Anyway, Back on topic I guess.

Nope, haven’t heard of it.

As someone who has much more experience in C++, and is only a semi-decent java developer. I would love C++. However I think the modding community would be shoken up certainly. I don’t think MS wants to do that since modding is an important part of our community. So I think it would stay java, maybe they’d migrate to C# which is similar at most. I don’t think they’d change it that fast, and shake up the community. (Unfortunately for me :stuck_out_tongue: )

It seems like this is scaring many Coders. I dont think its going to replace minecraft. Its basically going to be the windows 10 equivalent of Minecraft PE

2 Likes

C++? C# all the way!

2 Likes

It’s in C++.

More information: http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/60145-day-1-minecon-is-live-minecraft-windows-10-edition

1 Like

Where did you find that? If that’s the case… Win10 Minecraft can be rendered as useless lol, no multiplayer which is the current era of Minecraft…

Edit didn’t see the link

Edited post with the link on Minecraft Forums. :wink:

I do hope they at least implement client-server parity, so we don’t need radically new server software! :frowning:

tommaso replied on reddit. it indeed is a MC:PE derivate… There arent any plans to phase out “old” java MC and drop mod support/anything java related.

I think MS tries to get the two versions on par and then hoped that the community will switch over to the c++ version.
We’ll see.

There you go (relevant link):

I pray to god that the community doesn’t switch over to C++ that would be horrible.