Minecraft Windows 10 Beta

Thanks! Anyway, Back on topic I guess.

Nope, haven’t heard of it.

As someone who has much more experience in C++, and is only a semi-decent java developer. I would love C++. However I think the modding community would be shoken up certainly. I don’t think MS wants to do that since modding is an important part of our community. So I think it would stay java, maybe they’d migrate to C# which is similar at most. I don’t think they’d change it that fast, and shake up the community. (Unfortunately for me :stuck_out_tongue: )

It seems like this is scaring many Coders. I dont think its going to replace minecraft. Its basically going to be the windows 10 equivalent of Minecraft PE

2 Likes

C++? C# all the way!

2 Likes

It’s in C++.

More information: http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/60145-day-1-minecon-is-live-minecraft-windows-10-edition

1 Like

Where did you find that? If that’s the case… Win10 Minecraft can be rendered as useless lol, no multiplayer which is the current era of Minecraft…

Edit didn’t see the link

Edited post with the link on Minecraft Forums. :wink:

I do hope they at least implement client-server parity, so we don’t need radically new server software! :frowning:

tommaso replied on reddit. it indeed is a MC:PE derivate… There arent any plans to phase out “old” java MC and drop mod support/anything java related.

I think MS tries to get the two versions on par and then hoped that the community will switch over to the c++ version.
We’ll see.

There you go (relevant link):

I pray to god that the community doesn’t switch over to C++ that would be horrible.

imagine all the memory leaks and poor performace when a noob tries to code a plugin/mod

Don’t think modding will get away from java fast because it should be way harder to decompile/deobfuscate and mod PE than regular MC.

That’s with all languages doesn’t matter if it’s java, C, C++, GoLang, etc… bad code is bad code.

it does, java is quite idiot proof

… I’m going to leave this thread for my own sanity

2 Likes

“No Mods Right Now”

• Every major game company ever
1 Like

…wut? H… How?

1 Like

Alright, let me start my minecraft mod,

[code]import *;

public anit.void();
make.majic();

anit();
[/code]

1 Like
  1. Forgetting to remove old entries in maps/arrays/lists = memory leak.
  2. NullPointerExceptions.
  3. import java.*;
  4. Making everything static.

Just to name a few.

3 Likes