Minecraft Windows 10 Beta

Well that’s C code put close enough :wink: since technically C++ is just an extension of C.

Intentional :stuck_out_tongue:

Id like this twice if it would let me

1 Like

Not idiot proof, but it does have some kind of idiot shield around it unlike C++.

So, after you praised C++ that much and repeated the term “fast” that many times, I’d like to ask you how much faster C++ is? How much time does the JVM need to convert a float to an int compared to your huge c++ code? How much is the difference? I really doubt that anyone would notice.

Yes, C++ code performs quicker, however today’s computer are getting better and better and at the same time languages like java increases their performance. I doubt Minecraft would perform much better, if it had been developed in C(++). However, if it had been, I’m sure we wouldn’t have that many (working) mods and plugins.
Finally, you have ponder whether the performance increase is worth the disadvantages.

Only because it’s lower doesn’t mean it’s better. If this would be true, there would be no reason for programming languages aside from assembler code, as they only add abstraction layer.

3 Likes

It depends on a task. for example java can generate random number faster than c++ due to jit, also java, c# can do heap allocations efficiently than c++, you should read some articles where are described differences between jit and static compiler. yes, c++ is much faster but noone can tell you by how much.

This is a false statement, its not good idea to use languages such as java everywhere, sometimes you just dont have enough performace to emulate jvm/.crapFramework and you have to use assembly, c(++), arduino …

no it doesnt, but for (most) companies is cheaper to buy better servers than hire more developers and migrate their software to low level languages. Thats the reason why is java so popular.

1 Like

Omg! It’s pointerception xD

It’s worth mentioning that the client-facing version of Java, IE, the Java Runtime Environment, isn’t made with Java. It couldn’t be. That would be one hell of a paradox.

I could be wrong, so correct me if I am, but I’m fairly certain the the JRE is written in one of the C-languages.

Meaning it’ll always be that much slowwe, given it has to be processed through there anyway.

How much faster it is depends on the program, and what you’ve actually written it to do, and if you would like I can get your exact timings. The difference is a couple of milliseconds though. True very few people would notice, but over time little things can add up. I like knowing the fact I can control everything. If it’s possible to make something faster. I want to make it faster.

Java increases it’s performance because the core runs off of a JDK, and as I said you always find new ways to do things. I admitted above that it wouldn’t have mods. I did however say I am excited. The disadvantages are you will have to rewrite mods. Big Whoop. It’s not replacing default minecraft, and gives plenty of time to do that.

In my mind it is. “Better” is a completely subjective statement. It’s better in my mind because I have control over everything. I can make it faster if I want too.

@FerusGrim yes it works off of a C++ base. Shame they don’t actually use it as well as they could to make it easy ;~;

1 Like

YEA WHAT HE SAID! Woooo (I didnt expect this thread to become an argument over C vs JRE, and I have no idea what differences there are. So all I have left is to instigate :trollface:)

2 Likes

I just think Windows 10 MC is like MC for android that’s that, its not ment to run on a desktop PC… Its a universal app ment for mobiles and xbox.

1 Like

For now it is. Though knowing MS it will eventually become the main application. If you remember they said they wanted to focus less on the PC version.

Honestly I don’t care what language it’ll be written in. All I care about is that there are interfaces so I can write mods in whatever language I please.

2 Likes