ModBanner - Ban Mods

This is a discussion topic for the Ore project, ModBanner. View the full project on Ore for downloads and more information.

Hi, this is my first Sponge plugin, this prevent players join with some mods you don’t like

Sponge post: 🚫 ModBanner | Ban undesirable mods

Commands:

Manage Commands

• “modbanner.bypass” - By pass permisison users with this permission will not be kicked while using banned mods
  • modbanner.command.add - /modbanner add (Add mod to blacklist) (Names dont need be the same, you can use ray to block: [xxray, ExtremRaYXXD] etc)
  • modbanner.command.remove - /modbanner remove (Remove mod from blacklist)
  • modbanner.command.list - /modbanner list (See all blacklisted mods)
  • modbanner.command.manage - /modbanner (add/remove/list)

Reload Commands

• modbanner.command.reload - /modbanner reload (Reload configuration/banned mods (Not needed if you add mods through command))

Info Commands

• modbanner.command.modinfo.player - /modinfo player (See all mods player use)
  • modbanner.command.modinfo.mod - /modinfo mod (See all players who used that mod)

Downloads:

Currently Working for 1.10.2 (API 5.1.0): https://github.com/rodel77/ModBanner/releases/latest

Configuration:

You only need to change the configuration for kick message, for add/remove see commands up!
For kick message you can use %mods% for display the banned mods player is using (/modbanner reload for apply changes)

Issues:

Report issues here: https://github.com/rodel77/ModBanner/issues

Note:

What is ModBanner:

• A plugin that kick players who use banned mod based on the connection information they send

What isn’t ModBanner

• A plugin to prevent completly any plugin

This plugin collect information from the handshake package that client sends, users can modify their handshake or modnames, and you can do nothing about it…

Donate

You really love my work? Donate here =D

Having a mod whitelist feature would be preferable in my application!

Sorry i don’t understand, what do you mean with “mod whitelist”?

He probably means that have a list of allowed mods and it kicks people who have extra. So you plugin kicks people to have mods in the list he wants where it allows people if it has the mods in the list and kicks if they have any extra i think

1 Like

Does it work for API 7 / MC 1.12.2?

Can we have a function where we can do a wildcard * to blacklist all mods and then have a whitelist config file where we add the mods we allow

Does it work for API 7 / MC 1.12.2?

sorry, i found it